Wi-Fi Won't Stay Connected

User One

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know a quick fix (besides factory reset). I dread going to the Sprint Store and having them look at me like "I'm stupid" or them telling me they have to keep it for a couple of hours to try to "duplicate" the problem. Thanks in advance.

User One

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't work on any wi-fi router..it connects, but only for about 10 seconds before it disconnects..

And yes, it is set on "never"...

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know a quick fix (besides factory reset). I dread going to the Sprint Store and having them look at me like "I'm stupid" or them telling me they have to keep it for a couple of hours to try to "duplicate" the problem. Thanks in advance.
There might be somethig wrong with the WiFi radio

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
what apps do you have installed? any task killers? what type of wifi router is it and how old is it?

also - temporarily turn off encryption on your wifi router and see if it works then.

User One

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
what apps do you have installed? any task killers? what type of wifi router is it and how old is it?

also - temporarily turn off encryption on your wifi router and see if it works then.

Not that many apps...no task killer....and it won't stay connected to any router..not just the one at home..not sure of the name, but it's the router that comes with AT&T U-verse

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
If turning off the encryption does not fix it. You should doa factory reset and if that fails. I would then take it in to sprint

BigDogAlex

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
My husband and I have the same problem on both our newer EVO's. Got phones in early June, my WiFi would connect at home, and disconnect immediately. It happened on our home network, several of our friends and even at the Sprint store when we took it in. After doing several resets etc, they decided to give us new phones. Three weeks later, it happened again. Took them back in, several resets etc and even downloading the upgrade at Sprint, phones worked less than a week. We're taking them back in this PM. Maybe they'll come up with a new solution. I am getting tired of having to download and reinstall all my APPs. Anyone have other solutions?

Steven Farkas

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I do not understand why people bother to post when they do not know the solution. This link (HTC One X and One S Wifi gotcha down? Give this a try | Android Central) has a procedure for setting a fixed IP for the HTC One (mine is from AT&T). It would be best to go to one of your home PCs already connected to your network so you can run "ipconfig" in a command window so you can see the IP address pattern in your home network. I also used the 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4 DNS addresses as suggested in the URL above.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non