Quick Office Pro OR Documents to Go ???

rykatemom

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Hiya,

Same as the other posters above, I use Quick Office Pro. I did try both apps, full paid versions (my job reimbursed me for both). I'm a full-time student & teaching assistant, mom to a kid with disabilities, and just insanely busy, and I found that it fit the bill for me the very best. I prefer the UI, I'm able to view documents and notes on them from the students I teach and the professor (who also happens to be department chair) on the fly and edit as necessary, I can review and edit power point lectures, and it syncs with my GDocs. I've also found that for me, it runs immensely better on my phone (Evo 4G, stock GB) than Docs2Go did.

All that aside, I was a Palm Pre user for 2 years, and have something of a grudge towards DataViz (Docs2Go). :p This didn't really factor into my reviews of the programs, because I am more concerned with functionality than a personal gripe with a company, but I can't say I'm not happy that QOP worked better for me.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I use Docs To Go... Have been since my Palm days. $15 is a lot to pay in todays app economy. I was patient and got it for $9. 99. That is much less than the Palm versions. Side rant... Technology is becoming the opposite of the good old days. Remember when you bought a burger for 10 cents... Not anymore. Techies have stories of how they paid $45 for an app that now costs $5

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Venku Skirata

Sep 30, 2010
jerkyandcab.blogspot.com
My heavy use of dropbox precluded me going with Docs to Go, as service integration is crucial to me. I even paid full price for QOP, since I dragged my feet when Amazon had it for 10 bux. The interface is incredible, the dropbox AND gDocs integration is the shizzy, and, like a previous poster, I'm a former Pre owner carrying a grudge against DataViz LOL. QuickOffice all the way!

quadcam#CB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Doc to go paid version on the evo and uploaded it to the tablet on the same account. Works fine for me for what I use it for and have no inferface problems with the docs transfered to & from the laptop. I haven't used DataViz before so I have no idea what the 'grudge' is about :)

Venku Skirata

Sep 30, 2010
jerkyandcab.blogspot.com
I'm using Doc to go paid version on the evo and uploaded it to the tablet on the same account. Works fine for me for what I use it for and have no inferface problems with the docs transfered to & from the laptop. I haven't used DataViz before so I have no idea what the 'grudge' is about :)

DataViz is the publisher of Docs to Go and made their bones with PalmOS. Last year, I think it is, they bailed on webOS users, in effect saying "you're not worth our time and effort".

Shark918v

Feb 7, 2011
www.clcpi.com
Docs To Go..... All the way.... I've used both for business and pleasure. Docs To Go just seems to work better on a well rounded basis. Ive been using it through Palm, Blackberry and now Android

User One

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Got Quick Office Pro back when it was $5 off Amazon Apps ( I think).....really good investment IMO.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

fjuman

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Althought I prefer the interface on Quickoffice Pro, one important difference is I was able to opened my passworded documents on Docs2go. I've been using doc2go since my nokia n900 days.
I also found that Docs2go was better at keeping my formatting - I mostly open spreadsheets with the apps.

Onna808

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded Quick Office for my tab, but my drop-down lists disappeared when I opened it on the tab and back to my pc using Dropbox. Does Documents to Go keep formulas and lists?