Question Disappearing files

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
All bantering put aside. I seem to have a magical SD card. I want to copy filed over to it from the internal drive so I have an extra copy. So I go to my SD card. I create a file folder. I go to the internal drive, find the file and I copy it to the file folder I created. It says file copied. I go to the SD card to the folder I created. Files are there. All is good. So I go to create another file folder. Check on the other ones real quick. The files are gone. So I think maybe the tree shouldn't be so deep. I create trees that keep everything seperated. For instance say I want to save a letter I create. It might be document/mine/my writings/ letters/new. It may seem strange but I generate lots of letters and without separating them like that a tree like document/mine that will take lots of time to scroll through. Going back. So I create a more sane tree like SD card storage/ documents/letters. Copy files to it. Same thing. They're there then they aren't.
I made sure that I have show hidden files clicked.
Sometimes the file folder will disappear as well. When this happens I go to create the file folder again and it comes back and tells me that file folder already exists. This happens whether I use files by Google or x-plore.
Help me obi wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
I see people asking questions and attach a picture of what looks like the window you get from a cmd prompt. This is, im assuming( I know don't ever do that) where they are attempting to create something like an .exe file. Where are they pulling that window up from?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I can't remember if we discussed this before, but I'd check to make sure the SD card is legit and not counterfeit. Counterfeit cards (i.e., a card programmed to report much more storage than it actually has) are unfortunately pretty common, and the problem is that if once you exceed the actual storage capacity, any subsequent data that you try to store on it may become corrupt or lost.

Reactions: Amthebigdog

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
I can't remember if we discussed this before, but I'd check to make sure the SD card is legit and not counterfeit. Counterfeit cards (i.e., a card programmed to report much more storage than it actually has) are unfortunately pretty common, and the problem is that if once you exceed the actual storage capacity, any subsequent data that you try to store on it may become corrupt or lost.

This thread is now moot. I had an issue with my tablet where I couldn't turn it on. Popped the SD card out and opened it up. Couldn't find the reset hole so I unplugged the battery for a few and plugged it back in. Followed The Process For Factory reset and selected boot normal. Everything was great except for the abra cadabra app. Then my tablet blew me out of the game i was playing. No biggie this happens with games. I started playing again and it did it again. This time the game lagged. Soni restarted it. the SD card must have been corrupted from them tablet. And yes we discussed the possibility it may be corrupt. Taking that advice I ordered a few different ones to see if one was better than the other because there seemed to be a difference of opinions whether the brand made a difference. Thanks for the effort to reply. I will try to let people know faster so no time is wasted onna mootnthread

Reactions: B. Diddy

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
This thread is now moot. I had an issue with my tablet where I couldn't turn it on. Popped the SD card out and opened it up. Couldn't find the reset hole so I unplugged the battery for a few and plugged it back in. Followed The Process For Factory reset and selected boot normal. Everything was great except for the abra cadabra app. Then my tablet blew me out of the game i was playing. No biggie this happens with games. I started playing again and it did it again. This time the game lagged. Soni restarted it. the SD card must have been corrupted from them tablet. And yes we discussed the possibility it may be corrupt. Taking that advice I ordered a few different ones to see if one was better than the other because there seemed to be a difference of opinions whether the brand made a difference. Thanks for the effort to reply. I will try to let people know faster so no time is wasted onna mootnthread
I would have marked it someway but I didn't know where or what to mark it as.

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site

Interesting article, when it comes to ebay, you will notice that those too good to be true deals are coming from sellers based in china. I've experienced dealing with a couple of sellers from there and always check where the seller is based. If they are in china they are out. I ordered a Dyson heater from a seller there. Here's the thing, they give you a delivery date that extends past the date you can leave negative feedback. if you try to deal with the seller directly they will string you along with bs. They give you an excuse you wait nothing happens. You do this dance a couple of times. Then you go to ebay to help you. They have to do their own investigation. The seller starts in with what they told you so ebay dances with them. By the time you get your money back it's been three months of aggravation. The newest thing they do is generate a packing slip that generates a your package has been shipped message. So you think cool. Tracking shows your package going through the different post offices. Then it arrives. For me I bought a high end anime character...big bucks. What did i recieve..a pair of puke colored ray ban knock offs. They send thst out to keep you at bay. Anything coming from china takes at least 30 days to you. Sonthey know they have at least that long before you get your money back. This is usually where the fake ones come from. They are so cheap people by them to resell here at a profit. I like to go with the off brand ones. Those aren't the ones they fake. Not enough money made like the fake name brand ones. I got a keedo i think it is. Works great never had a problem. When you format one you are telling it what format the files you should follow. Usually a FAT format. It doesn't check the integrity of the drive which would tell you the actual size. This can be accomplished but people want it to be plug and play right from the package. The thing to figure out isma program that will format and check the drive size at the same time. Until that happens I'm afraid we will have to suffer at the hands of those who view people as the way to a free meal instead of getting a real job.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Interesting article, when it comes to ebay, you will notice that those too good to be true deals are coming from sellers based in china. I've experienced dealing with a couple of sellers from there and always check where the seller is based. If they are in china they are out. I ordered a Dyson heater from a seller there. Here's the thing, they give you a delivery date that extends past the date you can leave negative feedback. if you try to deal with the seller directly they will string you along with bs. They give you an excuse you wait nothing happens. You do this dance a couple of times. Then you go to ebay to help you. They have to do their own investigation. The seller starts in with what they told you so ebay dances with them. By the time you get your money back it's been three months of aggravation. The newest thing they do is generate a packing slip that generates a your package has been shipped message. So you think cool. Tracking shows your package going through the different post offices. Then it arrives. For me I bought a high end anime character...big bucks. What did i recieve..a pair of puke colored ray ban knock offs. They send thst out to keep you at bay. Anything coming from china takes at least 30 days to you. Sonthey know they have at least that long before you get your money back. This is usually where the fake ones come from. They are so cheap people by them to resell here at a profit. I like to go with the off brand ones. Those aren't the ones they fake. Not enough money made like the fake name brand ones. I got a keedo i think it is. Works great never had a problem. When you format one you are telling it what format the files you should follow. Usually a FAT format. It doesn't check the integrity of the drive which would tell you the actual size. This can be accomplished but people want it to be plug and play right from the package. The thing to figure out isma program that will format and check the drive size at the same time. Until that happens I'm afraid we will have to suffer at the hands of those who view people as the way to a free meal instead of getting a real job.
Shhhh! You're giving away all their secrets! 😄

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
Shhhh! You're giving away all their secrets! 😄
Funny after I posted my last reply I got on ebay to get another SD card to try with the others. This time I figured I'd try s Kingston. When I find an auction that has make an offer.i do that. So I made an offer. The guy messages me back accepting it and says he'll send me an invoice. Now I'm always up front people about everything. Sometimes this is good sometimes people don't like my brashness. What can you do. I do that so there is no ambiguity. i expect the same from those I deal with. So this guy sends me an invoice. Its for a for a dollar more. I'm like what's this about. I know it's only a dollar but that's not not the point. I've been on ebay for 20 years. My feedback is quite high and is 100%. Anybody on ebay knows what I'm saying. You can get your feedback that high quickly from selling. My feedback includes a small part gotten from selling but most of it is from buying. I've paid $400 for a 1of 2 Nolan Ryan card. I've spent $300 on an Elvira statue amongst other things. Getting your feedback like mine from buying cones 1 point at a time and none for dupes you buy. So a dollar is no big deal. It comes down to integrity. So seeing this invoice I sent the guy a message outlining what I just told you and that the incorrect amount might have been an accident, how do I know if he can't make sure he's sending me an invoice for the correct amount how can I trust the item he's selling won't have issues. So I told him I wouldn't be buying the SD card. Now some might think I'm wrong. I feel like I'm right. I'd like to know what you think since people here seem to have opinions based in logic. My being right or wrong doesn't matter. An opinion based in logic is what matters. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't blame you. Details matter to me a lot (probably because of my work as a doctor). It bugs me when people gloss over details (or don't acknowledge or apologize for mistakes when they come to light).