How do I stop my Evo from rebooting over and over and over...

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got a replacement Evo a few hours ago. So it's not rooted, sadly. Right when I got home, it rebooted. Then it started rebooting every 10 minutes. But now it's basically stuck in bootloop. Once it finishes booting and shows the lockscreen, it turns off and turns back on.

I probably won't be able to get to a Sprint store again til the weekend. I called Sprint and told them the situation, but they said since I got it from an independent Sprint store (or something like that) I need to take it back to the same store. I've searched threads and people just say to take it to Sprint. But what do I do in the meanwhile?

I just did a hard reset: Going into hboot and doing clear storage. And it's still restarting. Am I stuck for now?

Also, I took a video of the Evo restarting just in case it gets stagefright when I take it to Sprint. ha.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Is the device hot?
its a common issue with the EVO 4G that when its really hot it will reboot, go into boot loop or not turn on at all.

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It rebooted even when it was on the setup screen. I redownloaded everything (one at a time, slowly) and set everything up. And today I tried not to do any CPU intensive things. It's been ok, i guess. All I can do is text and make calls on this phone without it rebooting, ironically. Actually, once I tried to make a call, and it rebooted on me. I tried to use the browser and it rebooted. And the phone is actually cold when it's stuck in bootloops.

Then my mobile data isn't working after the hard reset. I tried updating profile, prl and no success. Plus, the ear piece's speaker is horrible, It's hard to explain though, but I get a headache when I'm on the phone.

I just think they accidentally gave me a defective Evo that someone returned.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I have been having the same issues. What solved my problem was going into applications>manage applications and killed Telnav. Until I did this my phone was constantly rebooting and the battery life was obviously atrocious. The only thing that erks me now is having to do this every time I put a new battery in.

Hope there is a fix soon!

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have been having the same issues. What solved my problem was going into applications>manage applications and killed Telnav. Until I did this my phone was constantly rebooting and the battery life was obviously atrocious. The only thing that erks me now is having to do this every time I put a new battery in.

Hope there is a fix soon!

I force stopped Telenav and still got reboots.

Everytime I try to watch hulu it reboots.

Surprsingly, I was able to watch a show on Hulu for 10 minutes before it rebooted.

Luckily, there's less than 2 day til the weekend.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Try running an RUU from the hboot menu. For a use the unrooting guide for a how too on an ruu.

May not work, but its definitely worth a shot.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So I went to Sprint today. I told him about the rebooting, and I also told him about the problem I have with mobile data not working. So the tech played around with my phone and said "Oh, I think the internet wasn't working because of ADW Launcher, so I uninstalled it."

First, that doesn't even make sense. Secondly, even after he uninstalled it, the data still wasn't working. But anyways, after that, while he was playing with it, it rebooted on him. So he ordered me a new one but said it was on backorder. So now I have to wait 3-5 days, and I have to reset up ADW Launcher :(.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
So I went to Sprint today. I told him about the rebooting, and I also told him about the problem I have with mobile data not working. So the tech played around with my phone and said "Oh, I think the internet wasn't working because of ADW Launcher, so I uninstalled it."

First, that doesn't even make sense. Secondly, even after he uninstalled it, the data still wasn't working. But anyways, after that, while he was playing with it, it rebooted on him. So he ordered me a new one but said it was on backorder. So now I have to wait 3-5 days, and I have to reset up ADW Launcher :(.

Not surprised, ive seen techs do worse.

Yet i still cant get a job at sprint, whats wrong with the world... ;)

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
try wiping out the software and reloading.

it's not the first time i've had a replacement phone and had to do a software wipeout cuz the replacement wouldn't work.

i've got an evo replacement now. it boots up. pulls up that hands free activation screen adn locks up.
i'm waiting for root to load my own software before i return my old phone.