How many of you will pay out of contract price for the evo?

forumsid987

Banned
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I am not going to be up for renewal until sept but i really want the evo, i may just sell my tour on ebay and pay retail for the evo because I want it so badly now. Wondering how many of you are going to be paying full retail like me?

I have a feeling it may not be many based on the cheap as*es on here that I've seen trying to get out of paying extra for the mobile hotspot / tethering feature. It's funny how much time someone will spend trying to get something for free when if they just worked during that wasted time, they'd have pay for it twice or thrice over.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Debating, but I will probably just renew since I am going to be in school for another 2 years and Sprint seems to work fine in my location.

vbsoulpole

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'll be paying full out of contract price and my 2yr upgrade is available in August, I just don't want to wait. I'll also pay for the wifi-tether until the Evo is rooted and eventually available for free.

Not really understanding why you're so against people getting access to it for free via root but w/e.

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'll be paying out of contract price because Im literally wanting out of contract from AT&T. I was just waiting very patiently for a phone that would be worth jumping ship for. Good thing I'll have to pay 110 vs the price lots will probably be paying.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 lines on my account, one is eligible, one is not, so I will get the discounted price on one Evo, and pay full for the other.

cesjr02

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I considered it, my UC Cellular contract has been up since December. My only reason would be so I'm not locked into another 2 year contract with a cell carrier. However paying full price for the Evo will probably be more then the contract price and early termination fee combined. So I'll probably just go the contract route.

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I considered it, my UC Cellular contract has been up since December. My only reason would be so I'm not locked into another 2 year contract with a cell carrier. However paying full price for the Evo will probably be more then the contract price and early termination fee combined. So I'll probably just go the contract route.

So do you already see yourself getting out of contract before you even get into it? It could be a great experience... but maybe I'm having too good of an outlook going in. We will always own cell phones so I personally wouldn't care if Im with a provider for a little longer as long as their service is satisfactory or beyond. This phone's specs have me in a "how much more could you really need in the near future" kinda mood. Then again I'm still using my 2005 Toshiba laptop with 512 RAM lol(although well maintained with usage from torrents to media server to basic functions).I also hear that Sprint has excellent upgrade deals. I'm giving it a shot for the full 2 year signup.

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
For those who will be getting it out of contract. It might just be cheaper to pay the early termination fee and then purchase the phone with a new contract. They might even give you a free upgrade if you are close to your upgrade.

Frankenstein

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Pre in October...and I'm on a family plan...so, I'm nowhere near eligible for an upgrade. But, here I am, as eager as anyone to get the Evo. I figure I might as well buy it now, and then use my upgrade for the next big thing (b/c lets face it, there will be) next year. I just hope the cost isn't too insane.

Rizop

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering...since i have the cash right now, im probably going to buy it out of contract, but does that mean that i get to keep my 2 year upgrade eligibility for my next purchase after the EVO, or does it reset/expire?

LABLE

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering...since i have the cash right now, im probably going to buy it out of contract, but does that mean that i get to keep my 2 year upgrade eligibility for my next purchase after the EVO, or does it reset/expire?

You'll still be able to use it. I was eligible for a upgrade in 07, I haven't used it, says I'm still good to do so.

Gameboy70

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm eligible for an upgrade in 4 weeks, but I'd still buy the Evo off contract if it weren't for 4G provisioning. As it looks now, I'm going to have to do another contract.

cesjr02

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So do you already see yourself getting out of contract before you even get into it? It could be a great experience... but maybe I'm having too good of an outlook going in. We will always own cell phones so I personally wouldn't care if Im with a provider for a little longer as long as their service is satisfactory or beyond. This phone's specs have me in a "how much more could you really need in the near future" kinda mood. Then again I'm still using my 2005 Toshiba laptop with 512 RAM lol(although well maintained with usage from torrents to media server to basic functions).I also hear that Sprint has excellent upgrade deals. I'm giving it a shot for the full 2 year signup.

Ha well, as impressive as the Evo is, 2 years is an enternity in the cell phone world. Expect to see something more impressive in 6 months.

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Ha well, as impressive as the Evo is, 2 years is an enternity in the cell phone world. Expect to see something more impressive in 6 months.

You get an upgrade every year with sprint if you have a plan of 69.99 or higher.

The Evo is a pretty big leap in terms of hardware, and I believe it will remain at the top for quiet a while. And a year from now all of us getting the evo now can get the next big thing.

cesjr02

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
You get an upgrade every year with sprint if you have a plan of 69.99 or higher.

The Evo is a pretty big leap in terms of hardware, and I believe it will remain at the top for quiet a while. And a year from now all of us getting the evo now can get the next big thing.

Unless the next "big thing" is on Verizon or another network. But as I said before Sprint's ETF isn't that bad if I decide to jump ship before my two year contract is over.