Just a suggestion

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
As I have always enjoyed bantering with people, I have found over the years there has been a decline in the number of people that do that. Consequently, the decline number is directly proportional to the number of people who take themselves seriously. Simply, they've forgotten how to laugh. I make fun of everything. Nothing is off limits. The best butt of many of my jokes is me. If you can't make fun of yourself you are waaay you serious and are probably a good candidate for the looney bin. I get a feeling from some of the responses to posts here that there ,
May be some here that have the same warped sense of humor I do or enjoy a dry humor. But I could be wrong. (This wouldn't be the first time, but close). In light of that may I suggest a banter room. That way it wouldn't be in the middle of a post.nif it's not a good idea just tell me to stfu and I'm good with that. It's just a thought. Maybe a bad one. This would be due to it not being my turn. It's a bad habit I've spent close to 60 years trying to overcome. Probably my two worst problems. thinking out of turn and my failure to pass mind reading 101 no matter how many times I take it.

Reactions: winmod21

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
We like banter as well, as long as the member is still meeting the community guidelines (here they are for reference: https://forums.androidcentral.com/threads/community-rules-guidelines.778825/#post5715201). Basically, just be nice (which you've been) and bear in mind that folks have varying sensitivities to all kinds of issues.

We also try to make sure a thread doesn't go too far off the rails, so don't be offended if a Mod comes on the thread and encourages everyone to get the thread back on track.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I love all the different mod names you get. went to a new Dr last friday and he asked me how I wanted to be defined when it came to race.,im told him color challenged. He didn't understand so i told him just mark white.
I heard a highly-qualified university professor recently saying that he now hardly dares make jokes in his lectures, because one or other of the students is bound to pop up and say “That offended me”. A complaint to the dean then leads to further trouble for him, sometimes serious. Take that attitude to its logical conclusion, and there would be no jokes, or indeed any kind of conversation or action, at all.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
~ We also try to make sure a thread doesn't go too far off the rails, so don't be offended if a Mod comes on the thread and encourages everyone to get the thread back on track.
"Off the rails," huh? :) So who's been following this years Bracketology? Anyone planning-on filling-out a March Madness Bracket? 🏀 And can any team stop Houston & UConn from reaching the Final Four Championship Game?
~~~
This post has been brought to you by the Good Folk's down at Jack's Radiator Repair . .
'All Tracks lead to Jack's!'
1710450396842.png
. . We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread programming . .
~~~​

Last edited:

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
We like banter as well, as long as the member is still meeting the community guidelines (here they are for reference: https://forums.androidcentral.com/threads/community-rules-guidelines.778825/#post5715201). Basically, just be nice (which you've been) and bear in mind that folks have varying sensitivities to all kinds of issues.

We also try to make sure a thread doesn't go too far off the rails, so don't be offended if a Mod comes on the thread and encourages everyone to get the thread back on track.
I appreciate that. I've always strived to give and take the best I can. As for offending me, good luck that is something people have tried over the years but just doesn't work. I also know that there are times I can stay from the object hand so when I do it's nice when people let me know. This usually entails a few 2x4s getting broken from hitting me in the head with them. I call those subtle hints.

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
"Off the rails," huh? :) So who's been following this years Bracketology? Anyone planning-on filling-out a March Madness Bracket? 🏀 And can any team stop Houston & UConn from reaching the Final Four Championship Game?
~~~
This post has been brought to you by the Good Folk's down at Jack's Radiator Repair . .
'All Tracks lead to Jack's!'
View attachment 360920
. . We now return you to your reghat boham didularly scheduled thread programming . .
~~~​
So if I mention that I don't do sports do I have to sit at a different lunch table? After Nolan Ryan retired I lost interest in them, like jimmy page said in an interview, after John Bonham passed away, sure we could have gotten another drummer and asking them to learn bonhams parts was just too much. It just wouldn't be the same.

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
I heard a highly-qualified university professor recently saying that he now hardly dares make jokes in his lectures, because one or other of the students is bound to pop up and say “That offended me”. A complaint to the dean then leads to further trouble for him, sometimes serious. Take that attitude to its logical conclusion, and there would be no jokes, or indeed any kind of conversation or action, at all.
That all started back when a group of people said they were offended by the restaurant named sambos. They make a big stink about it so they changed their name to the hungry tiger of complaints r. The restaurant which was good just ended up closoing its doords. But people became aware about the power of complaining and pretty soon everyone was offended by something. I look at it this way if I say something that offend someone, if I say it personally stop eavesdropping. If a restsraunt name offends you, don't eat there. Just because something offends someone that doesn't mean it does me. Just like these rappers that call each other n.... But if a color challenged person says it then it's a problem. If that's a problem then they shouldn't do it because those of in not being part of that hears them and think it's ok to say. Bottom line is there may be things that could cross the line and need to be dealt with. But the majority of things that offend people is just something for them to whine about and they should get over it. R.I.P. Sambos. Your food was great

Reactions: belodion

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
That all started back when a group of people said they were offended by the restaurant named sambos. They make a big stink about it so they changed their name to the hungry tiger of complaints r. The restaurant which was good just ended up closoing its doords. But people became aware about the power of complaining and pretty soon everyone was offended by something. I look at it this way if I say something that offend someone, if I say it personally stop eavesdropping. If a restsraunt name offends you, don't eat there. Just because something offends someone that doesn't mean it does me. Just like these rappers that call each other n.... But if a color challenged person says it then it's a problem. If that's a problem then they shouldn't do it because those of in not being part of that hears them and think it's ok to say. Bottom line is there may be things that could cross the line and need to be dealt with. But the majority of things that offend people is just something for them to whine about and they should get over it. R.I.P. Sambos. Your food was great
It's nice to find people who actually have an opinion about things. I've always been interested in what others think. Unlike most, I don't expect people to agree with me and get mad if they don't. Opinions are just another point of view. And if it is based on anything remote to logic I will always entertain it. If I don't necessarily agree with it that doesn't make it wrong. If someone expresses an opinion and they are just parroting someone else then they're just wasting my time. When I talk to my buddies about things eyes just gloss over. They don't like to talk about things and just choose to be couch potatos. They didn't used to bebthst way. Oh well. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter