HTC EVO Sense reboots when I hit "Home" button

ashakouri1

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
II have the HTC EVO, and it is updated to most recent software. For some reason on occasions when I am in an app, and I press the home button, Sense reloads. The phone does reboot, just the sense part, and it had to reload everything from my SD card. The good thing is that if I have like pandora or a game or a website open, I can usually continue to the point I was at. But it gets really annoying.

Like on one occasion I had Sense reload about 5 times in one hour. It happens mostly happens when I press the "home" button.

dwelder

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I had this same problem. I researched it on here and some people were saying that it is caused from low memory. So what happens is the HTC Sense closes and then restarts once you are done using the memory intensive app. I fixed this problem by downloading a different launcher app. I tried LauncherPro but didn't like it to much so now I have been using GoLauncherEX. I really like it and you have a lot more options to customize than you do with Sense. See if this fixes your problem.

ashakouri1

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Any way to fix the issue without having another launcher? I have about 80-90 MB of free RAM usually, but I don't what that goes to when I play "Cut the Rope" or whatever.

donnie623

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The sense reboots started after the Gingerbread update and so far there has been no fix. The Htc Evo shift has the same problem. I was a little sceptical about using a launcher, and didnt really want to jump on the root wagon so I eventually tried Go Launcher. Definitely an awesome launcher and wayyyy better than sense. Two months of heavy usage and zero reboots.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
The sense reboots started after the Gingerbread update and so far there has been no fix. The Htc Evo shift has the same problem. I was a little sceptical about using a launcher, and didnt really want to jump on the root wagon so I eventually tried Go Launcher. Definitely an awesome launcher and wayyyy better than sense. Two months of heavy usage and zero reboots.

Yep..GO Launcher is da' bomb.