Why isn't my phone working correctly? Notifications don't show up/ home button doesn't work?

purplesuns

Sep 2, 2022
Visit site
Hello
(Sorry for any grammar/wording mistakes)

So I have a big problem since yesterday.
I have Motorola One Vision, it suddenly turned off yesterday and after charging it a bit and turning on it's not working the same.

Some problems I have now:

-No notifications show at all. Not even the charging pop-up information.

-I can't access many short-cut options on the top bar like flashlight/hotspot etc.

- My mobile data doesn't turn on no matter what.

-Some of my settings went back to deafult stage?? I don't have my keyboard set/black mode on and some more.

-It seems like my sound settings turned back in time?? The buttons showing are different and don't have as much options.

- I can't turn on the 'developer options'(?) and create a Guest account (I have tried a solution from an old post but I couldn't get the guest access)

-My lockscreen doesn't show up. When I press power button to shut my screen it just blacks-it out. After pressing it again as I would do, to eventually type in my password it just goes straight to the home screen.

-The only button on the bottom of the screen working is the 'back" button. My home button doesn't respond but it looks like I'd normally press it.

I had some problems with my SD card after the Android 11 update like having to restart my phone many times after it shut-down but it always eventually went to normal again.

I'd love to find a solution where I wouldn't need to factory reset my phone or go to any service, Thank you

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

It sounds like the battery died because the first thing you did was charge it before trying to turn it on, is this correct? I'm going in that direction until you provide more information.

These devices are little computers and I'm not sure if you've ever had the power go out while using a PC, unplugged one while it was still powered or had to press and hold the power button to turn one off but essentially this is what is happening when low battery levels shutdown a device. It's like ripping the power out of the phone. Just like when it happens on a PC processes don't get properly stopped or shutdown, tasks remain open and none of the little things the phone does during a restart happen so when it boots up the "disc is corrupt" so to say. Try powering it down and restarting it. I say power it down instead of simply restarting the device because you want it to go through the complete cycle and try to close everything as fully as possible and then have the phone reboot. I've seen it take 2 or 3 restarts to get things back and recommend restarting twice. I mean why not.

Let us know what you find. To receive notifications when others reply to your thread and to leave comments of your own please take a minute to create an account. It will help you communicate and get help. This link will guide you through how to do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

Last edited by a moderator:

purplesuns

Sep 2, 2022
Visit site
Yes, after it turned off I first charged it up a bit and then turned it on. It turned on with these problems. So now should I let it get to 0% battery or someting else? Sorry I'm not too good with these terms in english.

purplesuns

Sep 2, 2022
Visit site
Thank you! Yes, all the problems are still here even in Safe Mode. I have also waited for the phone to turn itself off, waited some more and then restarted it few times as the previous person adviced. It didn't fix the problems either.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since the problems persist in Safe Mode, that suggests something is wrong with the system (or the hardware). Unfortunately, factory reset is probably your next option.

purplesuns

Sep 2, 2022
Visit site
Thank you for help! I'll wait a bit more and get to transfer my photos and stuff. I really didn't want to do the factory reset but if it's the only option left I don't have anything more to lose

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, just tried to restart it without the sd card as well as boot it in safe mode without the sd card and it didn't help. I think that it's unfortunately formatted as internal memory :(
Try transfer any data from sd card and see if you can format it to portable, in future never use it as internal storage as you'll have issues like your experienceing

purplesuns

Sep 2, 2022
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your help and tips. In the end I did the factory reset which I wanted to avoid but nothing else was working. Now it's fine although few detalis are different but that's probably just some small update. Yeah I need to be careful with the sd card and I definitely won't be changing it to any internal storage and such no more. Now I need to get my stuff back on the phone and that's it. Thanks once again!