SD Card Come Pre-Loaded With Anything?

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered the EVO at RS and know the phone comes with an 8gb card. I need more space than that so I'm planning on getting a 16gb card before the 4th. I have an 8gb card on my current phone and it's pretty full with media.

Does anything come pre-loaded on the factory card? I'd like to preload the 16gb card with some media files but not sure about going from WinMo to Android and what formats are like.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I do believe all those apps should be in the rom, which is way faster than reading from sd card, which is more like storage to the phone.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered the EVO at RS and know the phone comes with an 8gb card. I need more space than that so I'm planning on getting a 16gb card before the 4th. I have an 8gb card on my current phone and it's pretty full with media.

Does anything come pre-loaded on the factory card? I'd like to preload the 16gb card with some media files but not sure about going from WinMo to Android and what formats are like.

What do you mean by "pre-load the 16gb card with media files"? If you're just going to copy some files from your computer to the card, you can use the same process to copy files OFF the 8gb card and ON the 16gb card. There shouldn't be anything special here.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, didn't know if the card needed to be formatted by the Android device or not.

From the unboxing videos that are popping up, it looks like the card and battery come preinstalled in the phone.

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
First thing I'm gonna do is ditch that slow 8GB Class 2 microSD card that's included with a faster and larger 16GB Class 6 microSD card.

italiangspot

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
on my hero .. the sd card came with htc sync for your pc ... being that the device comes with no cds ... so install htc sync to your pc .. so u can sync phone to pc then u are good to move to your new card