Question sd card corrupt files

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i notice this past week and i think it only happens suddenly if i leave phone on samsung smart charger unless it always been there never knew it

samsung sd card saying have corrupt files or other issues<-when i go to my galley and click on pictures instead default to albums i see that message

Your SD card has corrupt files or other issues. You may want to back it up or replace it soon." The only option it gives me is "Not now".<=got that from this reddit
now of course if i restart my phone the message will go away it seems to come back i think only if i leave it on charger on my s20 phone<-discover this over here https://support.google.com/android/...-card-has-corrupt-files-or-other-issues?hl=en

now long ago my sd card s7 went to s20 phone despite they told me walmart when got it sd card won't die which did and then i had to get a new sd card i think a scandisc date was back on july 6th 2021-

should i dismissed this and 1 day if i open up galley i just restart make message go away or what is the sorry sd card after 4 years i guess is going to die soon?

it used to not do this then again i normally don't click on pictures in galley because always defaults to albums maybe this is due to last security update i don't know

if i take it to a same cell phone place do you think they can copy stuff off current sd card to new card?

i hope somebody willl read my post asap

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
well i guess that didn't work at all while phone charger i click on pictures in galley message still came up despite that i got all folders to now display in albums

so i guess today will be going to repair store am not sure they will repair sd card or get me new sd card if i have to get new sd card at least when i come back home all i have to do copy folders that i still have on my desktop phone to computer at least it's not going to be a hassle this time around

i think i'm ok after my old sd card died on s20 phone at the time i had instagram under pictures sd card but i decided to not have them on sd card when had new one put them internal storage under pictures<-i assumed that set camera pics sd card if i get new sd card today those instagram will remain in internal storage and that folder instagram will still be in my galley under albums correct same goes as downloads and messenger folders?

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
so here's what did tonight at cell phone 1st off i could had left sd card to them pay 12 bucks for them to like clean reformat basically wipe out sd card or go ahead get new sd card

i went on ahead gotten new sd now i did upgraded 16 to a 32 didn't think i needed a 64 sd card and i didn't want to pay like 38 bucks

nonetheless they only had 20 scandisk sd cards another 16 or 64 now there was a 8.99 used sd card but didn't think that's good

so basically in a nutshell i went a different brand adta 32 gb guy told me alot of folks used paid in cash 18.65

i really didn't have to do much got home i forgot that there were already 2 a ringtone and a notification folder on new sd card so i just open up 2 folders on desktop copy songs from there to their folders

besides my music folder and those other folders from sd card i'm still not sure if i should still leave instagram folder internal storage or move them back to new sd card or not due to alot of space sd card guess i'm little afraid to if i do that if sd card get corrupt down road not sure want to do that or not and i did change my ringtones back to my ringtones

i just hope i made a wise decision getting a adta 32 gb sd card

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
something fishy with this adta sd card guy told me at store to restart phone when that new sd card was put in instead of me shutdown and restart phone i restart it was good but just a few mins ago card wasn't reading phone so i did full shutdown and restart man if this sd card going to give me issues showing me stuff and then disappear i gotta take it back tomorrow get money back maybe need to stick with scandisk am not sure

see what happens rest of night guess i may need to recopy this folders tonight am nervous now

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
something fishy with this adta sd card guy told me at store to restart phone when that new sd card was put in instead of me shutdown and restart phone i restart it was good but just a few mins ago card wasn't reading phone so i did full shutdown and restart man if this sd card going to give me issues showing me stuff and then disappear i gotta take it back tomorrow get money back maybe need to stick with scandisk am not sure

see what happens rest of night guess i may need to recopy this folders tonight am nervous now
Are you saying your new SD card has files already on it? And you've opened these files?
In the USA , a 64gb SD card is $10 to $15 on Amazon.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i'm saying that just a few mins ago while was looking at phone and went to gallery stuff i just put from computer to phone suddenly disappear and then when i went into storage i couldn't click to the right it saying sd card

so i did a full power off not a restart turn phone back on and automatically saw it come back up again from sd card man i hope that adta sd card not messing up already

normally when put a new sd card and you get notification saying sd card unmounted and it tells you to restart phone are you suppose to actually power off phone and turn it back on instead doing a restart? very nervous now maybe it's a glitch see what happens rest of the night into tomorrow and rest of week if sd card going to not disappear for some odd reason

i don't even think awhile ago i even saw a notification saying it was unmounted if it did prob came up and disappear and that why that happen who knows maybe it just need good shut down and power on everything going to be ok for now on

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
it's jacking up again wtf is matter with this sd card has the guy didn't put it in right is card ain't that great with my phone yep taking it back tomorrow getting money back will asked see if they might hae 32 scandisk may need to call verizon store they sell sd cards right?

also when i try to connect phone to computer it's not even saying there was a sd card on phone

now i gotta restart my phone once again copy folders off phone computer to desktop sd card and then let it be i should just never replace sd card kept corrupt this is sorry i can't even use my own ringtones anymore and it took 1 day and i got there like 5:30 and they closed at 6 i never seen this issue before either i go back scandisk 16 gb or go verizon or somewhere find a 32 scandisk instead getting 64 but something is up with that brand adta sure it's fine alot of folks used it no issues whatever

Last edited:

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
it's jacking up again wtf is matter with this sd card has the guy didn't put it in right is card ain't that great with my phone yep taking it back tomorrow getting money back will asked see if they might hae 32 scandisk may need to call verizon store they sell sd cards right?

also when i try to connect phone to computer it's not even saying there was a sd card on phone

now i gotta restart my phone once again copy folders off phone computer to desktop sd card and then let it be i should just never replace sd card kept corrupt this is sorry i can't even use my own ringtones anymore and it took 1 day and i got there like 5:30 and they closed at 6 i never seen this issue before either i go back scandisk 16 gb or go verizon or somewhere find a 32 scandisk instead getting 64 but something is up with that brand adta sure it's fine alot of folks used it no issues whatever

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i'm in chat with samsung and they mention my files while i look into my files and i saw sd card not inserted

he told me that Yes, It seems the SD card is reading by the device right after you insert it and due to the issue with SD card, it is not getting reflecting after some time.

so i assumed the guy put it in right but something matter with adata sd card i will be taking this back to cell phone store today get refund money since pay cash back with receipt

i guess go back to scandisk i know cell store don't have 32 gb am not sure want to get that 16 gb that i got back july 26 2021 don't need 64 gb i'm not sure verizon has sd cards scandisk at store or not i may have to go walmart get 32 gb scandisk if i don't go back to 16 but adata=el crapo terrible for my phone

so my question is this should i once again do 16 or go 32 gb scandisk?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
A 16GB SD card isn't even worth using. Go to Amazon and buy a 128GB or 256GB legit SanDisk card. It'll cost you the same as that sketch phone shop charged you for the 32GB one.

Do you even need an SD card at all? How much free space is there on your phone?

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
yes i do i despise verizion ringtones i want to used my own mp3's phone email text message i got at the time 10 folders random pics sd card a folder of my music mp3's i used to have apk's but don't used anymore

i always in past phones used sd cards r2d2 droid 3 or 4 i think s7 used to move games sd cards not anymore and whatever sd card i had when i got s20 used sd card i don't want to back up pics in cloud it saids 71.9.gb available i don't want a 128 or 256 gb when old sc card die and they gave me 16 gb scandisk i decided not to have instagram on sd card put it in storage

i don't want pay like 40 or 50 for a sd card kindof cheap and i don't wait to wait on amazon want this issue fixed now i thought it was finally fixed yesterday maybe i should had kept my so called about to corrupt 16 gb scandisk put it back in time being but instead i told guy throw it away

i didn't know that sorry 32 gb adata ain't good if verizon store has one and its not so high a 32 i wonder if can used a discount or something get price down otherwise may just go to walmart

i don't have a best buy where i live at in my small little town to get a so called samsung tech look at phone and not going to the one mt julliet anytime soon

basically i go in local cell phone store don't know a clue about kindof brand sd cards other then scandisk and i just chose wrong sd card and now issues because i didn't want to just leave sd card pay 12 bucks for them to like clean/wipe out reformat card

yeah it puzzles me they got 16 and 64 but not a 32 scandisk meh

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
yes i do i despise verizion ringtones i want to used my own mp3's phone email text message i got at the time 10 folders random pics sd card a folder of my music mp3's i used to have apk's but don't used anymore

i always in past phones used sd cards r2d2 droid 3 or 4 i think s7 used to move games sd cards not anymore and whatever sd card i had when i got s20 used sd card i don't want to back up pics in cloud it saids 71.9.gb available i don't want a 128 or 256 gb when old sc card die and they gave me 16 gb scandisk i decided not to have instagram on sd card put it in storage

i don't want pay like 40 or 50 for a sd card kindof cheap and i don't wait to wait on amazon want this issue fixed now i thought it was finally fixed yesterday maybe i should had kept my so called about to corrupt 16 gb scandisk put it back in time being but instead i told guy throw it away

i didn't know that sorry 32 gb adata ain't good if verizon store has one and its not so high a 32 i wonder if can used a discount or something get price down otherwise may just go to walmart

i don't have a best buy where i live at in my small little town to get a so called samsung tech look at phone and not going to the one mt julliet anytime soon
You don't need an SD card to have your own ringtones. To be honest, it seems like you don't actually want help or advice... you do you.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
A 16GB SD card isn't even worth using. Go to Amazon and buy a 128GB or 256GB legit SanDisk card. It'll cost you the same as that sketch phone shop charged you for the 32GB one.

Do you even need an SD card at all? How much free space is there on your phone?
I have to say this thread is making me glad I don't have to deal with SD cards anymore lol.

I don't miss them 😉

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i'm too afraid to get a new phone android or go to darkside iphone if my s20 phone dies 1 day break down i like sd card despite fails sometimes don't want to back up pics to the cloud or music i don't even used itunes still mp3's sometimes full songs text message email and when somebody make a call ha

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
so i call cell phone store up and he claims something with phone yada yada diagnostic i miss heard that scan disk 64 was like in the twenty's i think he mention 21, 23, 24 if i knew ahead of time i would had gotten that instead adta prob no issues when got home afterwards and yes i can get my money back take phone sd card i really don't want to go back 16 which work for past 4 years btw or i can go walmart get a 32 gb am not sure how much prob cheap

my memory on phone goes up and down was 52 but went down to 4.9 gb/12 gb what saying now

verizon seems don't carry sd card at the store and i don't want to try another brand like adata very frustrating to say the least

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i'm sure some of you are thinking i'm losing my mind been up half the night worrying what to do you in your humble opinion do you think that adata sd card is just sorry to read on phone and i need to stick with only brand i know scandisk not since july 6th 2021 not go back to 16 gb instead going walmart get 32 prob cheap

after take sd card back to local store get refund then used that and pay rest for 32 gb scandisk i should be fine recopy stuff desktop after connect phone to computer put those folders back in on scandisk will not go away after a couple of later he look into my files seeing insert sd card like adata should be fine next few years prob longer then 4 like 16gb had until it about to due on him eh

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It isn't necessary to use an SD card to store ringtones. They are extremely small files. I don't have an SD card slot on my device, but I use custom ringtones.
d538a9000d818926da41078b26f1c8d9.jpg

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
wanted to go get my refund at that store take sd card back over there 5:30 closed at 6 can't go over there tonight

i decided it be dumb if i did go over there right after getting that 18 and change back used that pay more towards that 64 scandisk so i'm going to walmart afterwhile get it cheaper

maybe cell phone folks walmart can help me with that sorry adata sd card see what is going on otherwise i get that scandisk hopefully no issues like adata who know so i will keep that adata sd card when give back return get money back tomorrow

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29