What are the probabilities I'll get an Evo 4G?

pezdukie

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Sprint. Talked first to retentions and then to an escalation manager.

I didn't really have anything to leverage, since this is my first year with Sprint, we get over $60 in credits each month on our bill, and we've been very satisfied with Sprint; so I went the honest route. Just told him I was eligible for Premium Upgrade on July 1st and was really interested in the EVO 4G phone, and was hoping to move the upgrade date up a month.

He said there are very strict guidelines that have to be met in order to move it up a month, but could give me 2 weeks advance. He told me I could order the EVO on June 17th, but it had to be through Telesales, which I thought was a little interesting. Does anyone know if that's the truth, or was he just trying to get me to order it through telesales?

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Sprint. Talked first to retentions and then to an escalation manager.

I didn't really have anything to leverage, since this is my first year with Sprint, we get over $60 in credits each month on our bill, and we've been very satisfied with Sprint; so I went the honest route. Just told him I was eligible for Premium Upgrade on July 1st and was really interested in the EVO 4G phone, and was hoping to move the upgrade date up a month.

He said there are very strict guidelines that have to be met in order to move it up a month, but could give me 2 weeks advance. He told me I could order the EVO on June 17th, but it had to be through Telesales, which I thought was a little interesting. Does anyone know if that's the truth, or was he just trying to get me to order it through telesales?

Most likely telesales is so they have the notes in their system that you are eligible 2 weeks early. Plus, they usually overnight the phones free of charge and no activation fee.

You may be able to call on the 16th to order it and have it in your hands on the 17th.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping to go to a store on launch day and buy one off-contract. That doesn't sound like they will do that. They are saving all the phones for people that are forced to extend their contract. After they satisfy all of those customers then the phone will be available for purchase.

Two3

May 19, 2010
Visit site
The CSR on the phone told me no, but to call back the day the phone launches to see what she can do. If I call back that day, or go in-store that day, does anyone think they'll be able to move my upgrade up a month to the launch day?

I hope so. A CSR told me the same thing. I'm able to upgrade on July 1st. They advised me to go to the store day off and have them call Premier Services. They should be able to change it for me. [Rolls eyes]

misplacedhatred

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I hope so. A CSR told me the same thing. I'm able to upgrade on July 1st. They advised me to go to the store day off and have them call Premier Services. They should be able to change it for me. [Rolls eyes]

We can only hope my friend.. we can only hope.. I mean, Sprint has all to gain to let us upgrade early.. They have us for another two years, they build customer raport and they make money, thus increasing they're quarterly, on one of the most important launch dates to date. The Inception of their first 4G phone.. which they haven't really advertised all that well..

infoe

May 24, 2010
Visit site
to the OP I had an original July 1st upgrade date and called retentions today, first rep I got a hold of said that since we are more than 30days away she could not do anything except note the account. but she approved for me to upgrade 30 days out which would be June 1st and she noted the account. i still have to call on that day and have them put it in the system, still putting me in plenty of time for the EVO. now I have to find a store that I can reserve it at.

gotthelife4u

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Sprint CS. The best they could do for me is August 18th. I got my Pre on September 1st 2009. I guess waiting until August isn't going to kill me and maybe by that time we will see some 4G in my city.

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
if you're upgrade is july 1 then really its only an extra month.

You can spend 2 times the money and get one now or just wait 4 measly weeks.

NorthBayX415

May 18, 2010
Visit site
On Thursday before D-Day (June 3) I will hit up sprint and ask what time they will open/how many EVO's they will have!! So I know what time to be there and in line

Then on the Holy Day of June 4th I shall have my EVO!!!!!.......

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I was hoping to go to a store on launch day and buy one off-contract. That doesn't sound like they will do that. They are saving all the phones for people that are forced to extend their contract. After they satisfy all of those customers then the phone will be available for purchase.

On Thursday before D-Day (June 3) I will hit up sprint and ask what time they will open/how many EVO's they will have!! So I know what time to be there and in line

Then on the Holy Day of June 4th I shall have my EVO!!!!!.......

You guys (or gals) can preorder for outright purchases at radioshack and be guaranteed one.

ataneja

May 13, 2010
Visit site
So I was in the boat of having my upgrade be July 1. I spoke to Retentions today, and they actually moved mine up so I am already upgrade eligible. They also hooked me up with the Airave (I know this is common for people to get), but they wouldn't give it to me before. Good day for me! Going to pre-order my Evo tomorrow from Radio Shack...pumped!

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
As an update to my earlier posts on this thread, I was able to have Sprint move my eligibility up with a bit of persistence and being nice to the representatives.

I had to call a few times, but I kept explaining that I've been having issues with my current phone and was interested in getting a new phone immediately. I stated that I didn't mind getting into a new 2-year contract since I'm happy with the Sprint service but that I just have a bad piece of hardware.

They moved my eligibility from 7/1/2010 to immediately (5/1/2010). You can check your eligibility date at the website I linked below.

https://manage.sprintpcs.com/specialoffers/CheckRebate.do

Hope I'm able to help others move up their eligibility date in some way.

organix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
As an update to my earlier posts on this thread, I was able to have Sprint move my eligibility up with a bit of persistence and being nice to the representatives.

I had to call a few times, but I kept explaining that I've been having issues with my current phone and was interested in getting a new phone immediately. I stated that I didn't mind getting into a new 2-year contract since I'm happy with the Sprint service but that I just have a bad piece of hardware.

They moved my eligibility from 7/1/2010 to immediately (5/1/2010). You can check your eligibility date at the website I linked below.

https://manage.sprintpcs.com/specialoffers/CheckRebate.do

Hope I'm able to help others move up their eligibility date in some way.
Wow, they can do that? I've been trying to get them to do that to my account and they just said they would apply the necessary credits afterward. I guess it is time to call in again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89