HTC EVO 4G battery suddenly shuts off out of no ware.

caleb40

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
About a month ago I was using my EVO with about 80% on it and out of no ware it just shut down. When I turned it back on it had 1% of battery left. I don't know why this happened with a good amount of battery left. It does this at least twice a day. And I barely use it when it does this. When it turns off it doesn't even say "shutting down" like it usually does. It just completely shuts off without notice. Is it a battery problem or what? HELP!!!!! This is really frustrating. :confused:

THANKS!

psychofox13

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
It does sound like a battery problem. If you're not rooted, go to a sprint store and ask them about it. Could just be a bad battery and they'll give you a new one. Usually free of charge, but be prepared to pay if you have to.

Reactions: caleb40

dwelder

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
This could be a faulty battery or a hardware problem. Without knowing if you're rooted, ROM, OS Version, there's not to much more we can help you with other than say take it to Sprint.

G KA

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I was having a similar problem with my evo4g shutting down several times a day. I am running cyanogen mod 7.2 with an extended battery. My solution was to cut several pieces of clear tape and layer them at the top inside the battery compartment to fill a small gap between the battery and and inner case. I noticed that there was too much space between the contacts and the battery. Its been Three days now with no shutting down, no re-starts, and no grief. Maybe this can help someone who has a similar problem. Happy New Year to all.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I was having a similar problem with my evo4g shutting down several times a day. I am running cyanogen mod 7.2 with an extended battery. My solution was to cut several pieces of clear tape and layer them at the top inside the battery compartment to fill a small gap between the battery and and inner case. I noticed that there was too much space between the contacts and the battery. Its been Three days now with no shutting down, no re-starts, and no grief. Maybe this can help someone who has a similar problem. Happy New Year to all.

Is that an OEM battery or an aftermarket one?

EVO1066

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site