My HTC Evo 4G is stuck on a reboot infinite loop

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I have no words. There should have been a stock recovery menu. As far as I know, as to get ahold of any data note wise, an RUU might help, but it erases the OS, so unless the notes are saved as actual files on the SD card, it will be lost.

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums

Jaquavian

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Trying to activate my mom's old Evo. She only used it for two months before she upgraded to a new phone all together. It is stuck in an infinite loop, it allows me to access both the fastboot and hboot menus, but after that it just returns to a bootloop. I tried recovery and the clear storage option with no help.

***Locked (OOW)***
SUPERSONIC EVT2-3 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-2.18.001
MICROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-2.15.00.12.19
Dec 21 2011,15:50:32

a little help please? :'( i need a phone

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Wow great advice so far on fixing this issue. If you?re interested in some additional suggestions you can check out How to fix an Android phone stuck or frozen on a white HTC loading screen.

Thugdrummer was right on the money with his suggestion.

Basically in a nutshell you want to?
  • Try a battery pull with the phone on
  • Try a Recovery
  • Try a Hard reset

If that doesn?t work you might have to look into filing a warranty claim.

This can be a tough issue to solve and doesn?t just happen on HTC phones either. Good luck guys, and if you fixed this issue another way don?t forget to list it on the forum.

~ Moneypenny ~

Gonejumping

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I am also getting the " E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command" with Green circle... Volume UP+Power is not doing anything... HELP please!!

PS. The only app downloaded on it in the last 3 months was done 24 hrs prior and its QuickOffice PRO... Nothing more
Safe mode reboot is not occuring

Last edited:

ShunieceM

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
My HTC Evo is also stuck in the loop, I have tried the recovery several times and it still doesn't. My phone is a Sprint phone but I had it flashed to Page Plus Wireless. When I press the down volume button and power it says:
Locked (00W)
Supersonic EVT3 Ship S-On
HBOOT-2.18.0001
Microp-041f
Touch Panel-ATMEL224_16ab
Radio-2.15.00.01.15
Dec 21 2011, 12:50:32

After I do the recovery it says:
E:Can't open/cache/recovery/command
E: Can't mount/data/data/recovery/log
E:Can't open/data/data/recovery/log

Max Wolf

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you know if there is any method similar to the one you posted for an HTC One X? The battery cannot be taken out, and I have important information that cannot be recovered if I reset the device. :'(

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
ALL of them except "Clear all user data?" But would rather avoid deleting all my contacts and saved texts... Any other option available? I appreciate the help!

HTC 4G EVO

I don't know what else to do, did you back them up as a .db file by chance? As for the contacts, if you have them synced with Google, you'll get them back at logging in your account.

My HTC Evo is also stuck in the loop, I have tried the recovery several times and it still doesn't. My phone is a Sprint phone but I had it flashed to Page Plus Wireless. When I press the down volume button and power it says:
Locked (00W)
Supersonic EVT3 Ship S-On
HBOOT-2.18.0001
Microp-041f
Touch Panel-ATMEL224_16ab
Radio-2.15.00.01.15
Dec 21 2011, 12:50:32

After I do the recovery it says:
E:Can't open/cache/recovery/command
E: Can't mount/data/data/recovery/log
E:Can't open/data/data/recovery/log

My advice would be to flash the RUU compatible with the phone and then take it back in to get it reflashed.

Do you know if there is any method similar to the one you posted for an HTC One X? The battery cannot be taken out, and I have important information that cannot be recovered if I reset the device. :'(

Who exactly are you asking?

juliettedean

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
i having the same problem with the continual loop. i have done all that is mentioned in the previous posts, but after i Volume up and Power after the recovery....what next? the screen i get next looks like this;

Android system recovery <3e>

Use volume key to highlight;
click power key to select,

Reboot system now (which i have done and it does nothing...still having same problem)
Apply update from sdcard
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /data/data/recovery/log
E:Can't open /data/data/recovery/log

now what? please help

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
i having the same problem with the continual loop. i have done all that is mentioned in the previous posts, but after i Volume up and Power after the recovery....what next? the screen i get next looks like this;

Android system recovery <3e>

Use volume key to highlight;
click power key to select,

Reboot system now (which i have done and it does nothing...still having same problem)
Apply update from sdcard
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /data/data/recovery/log
E:Can't open /data/data/recovery/log

now what? please help

Try wiping the cache partition, if still nothing, there is also Safe Mode you can try (Volume Down after the HTC Evo 4G screen).

Tyler Mccune

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem except its only when I insert my SD card it is rooted with cyanogen mod I bought off eBay it won't even let me download anything please help

forever2412

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey I Borrow My Bf Fone And I Dont Wanna Lose any of his stuff on his fone and its hacked so itried the recovery but it takes me to another menu and it says backup and restore and earse sd ec. i was wondering if i press reboot system now would it earse everything? and wud it mess up his hack? oh and its flashed to metro pcs! please help me! Oh And It Goes all the way to the home screen it just freezes so it can repeat its loop and wen i actualy unlock the fone it says andriod.setup. has been stopped or stoped please try again and thats wen it starts all over and it doesnt go al the way bak to the white screen it just does the logo of metro pcs do i just leave it off for a while or what?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey I Borrow My Bf Fone And I Dont Wanna Lose any of his stuff on his fone and its hacked so itried the recovery but it takes me to another menu and it says backup and restore and earse sd ec. i was wondering if i press reboot system now would it earse everything? and wud it mess up his hack?

Reboot system now would just turn the phone back on.

oh and its flashed to metro pcs! please help me! Oh And It Goes all the way to the home screen it just freezes so it can repeat its loop and wen i actualy unlock the fone it says andriod.setup. has been stopped or stoped please try again and thats wen it starts all over and it doesnt go al the way bak to the white screen it just does the logo of metro pcs do i just leave it off for a while or what?

How did any of this start?

forever2412

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
wel i rebooted it and that didnt work and it started wen i turned on the wifi hotspot and it turned off on its own and turned back on now its stuck on the animation of the logo it wont stop i left it off over night charging i just want a way to keep my hack thats it but i dont know how to fix it ...it justbstarted happening yestrday i really need to keep the hack and have it working i dont have money to get it hacked again or to turn it into sprint if i factory reset it wud i still have the hack?

Last edited:

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
wel i rebooted it and that didnt work and it started wen i turned on the wifi hotspot and it turned off on its own and turned back on now its stuck on the animation of the logo it wont stop i left it off over night charging i just want a way to keep my hack thats it but i dont know how to fix it ...it justbstarted happening yestrday i really need to keep the hack and have it working i dont have money to get it hacked again or to turn it into sprint if i factory reset it wud i still have the hack?

In the Wipe Menu, look for "Wipe /cache" and select that. Then wipe "Wipe /dalvik-cache" and then restart the phone.

Kirubakaran

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Dude I followed the steps as you mentioned but after recovering it, my mobile not even charging and turning On. Please help me to switch on my mobile. Thanks

netobros

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
please help anyone my htc evo 4g is stuck on boot loop i bought off ebay like that thought i could fix it any help? i don't know what to do my device was rooted with CyanogenMod and it just kept resting it self so i made it new with some file i found online and now it is unrooted but it keeps doing the same thing and the worst part that worrys me is that it does not say anything at the top like locked unlocked nothing here is a pic any help will be appreciated ----> View attachment 81439