Is This Thing Bricked???

Roberito

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
My phone froze last night and after I restarted it won't go past the "htc EVO 4G" opening screen? Does anyone know if this is the end of the road for thing?

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
First question is it rooted? If your rooted you might still be able to get in to the custom hboot or even the recovery to fix ur phone. Ive gotten that before with my phone where it would sit there on the white boot screen for a good while with no response.

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. Then ur in tough one. Not sure if it might still be possible to even root ur phone when its like that? Have u tried pulling out the battery & giving it a couple of minutes like that then putting it back in?

Roberito

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I had done that a million times. It's finally back on though. I held down the power button and the lower volume button at the same time. Then scrolled down to "fastboot". It's back on, but I think it might be time to learn how to root it. Any suggestions?

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Sounds good that u got it working. Well to start read up on this thread HERE. Be sure what hboot version ur phone is configured with. To use revolutionary ur phone has to be at either version 2.15.0001 or 2.16.0001. Also u can visit this page, has a video but i dont find the video much of help but it may help u out. Both threads ive given u r the same exact thing. One has short straight up instructions & the other one has somewhat detailed steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non