Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default evo commercial

Was just channel flipping and caught the tail end of an evo commercial on nbc, has anyone else seen it?

Last edited by mmilord; 06-02-2010 at 08:23 PM.

About time they come out with one. But I haven't seen it

I would have loved to have seen it. What was the part you saw?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by bucc0303 View Post
    I would have loved to have seen it. What was the part you saw?
    The evo was rotating 90 degrees so we could see a front view on the left of the screen, then a big 4g and sprint and the usual stuff on the right

I hope I don't get banned........ But was she naked or with a case
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

in the buff (h)

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

Bam!

Great commercial!.. Better than the "creepy girl" Pre ads.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

Sweet thanks. I like the commercial.
    By By AT&T, I have Me an EVO. To me, the Phone of all Phones.
    Sae's Apps My EVO is sporting: CM7.1.

Good to hear that they are finally reaching out to a larger media scale aside from the internet, but it only makes sense that they do it now instead of beforehand. Because they will be having enough trouble supplying for those that already know and want it at this point. If they were to have reached a larger audience there would have been a bigger frenzy and a lot of dissapointed customers who wouldn't be able to attain one on launch day.
    Necessity is blind until it becomes conscious. Freedom is the consciousness of necessity.

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The commercial in that link posted above was awesome. About a gazillion times better than any of that crap Palm smeared all over my TV! Go Sprint!

Cool for us tech geeks.

But, for the average consumer they will have no more idea why they should buy an EVO after this ad than they did before.

VERY NICE SPRINT!!!! Too bad it hasn't been running long. Would've been nice if it was running the entire month of May to build up hype.

Good job Sprint, with less than 48 hours from launch...

It's a good spot, though, I'll give them that.

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Well...the theme here was Evolution.

It's the first commercial, kinda like a teaser, kinda what all the Droid stuff was all about, they didn't tell us what the Droid actually does until later in the ad campaign.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

Oooo.. did you guys notice this?

That website was on the bottom of the commercial. Says it's "Coming soon"

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Can't wait to see it on my EVO in about 37 1/2 hours...
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

I hope this is only just a teaser commercial because If not it sucks. It Only shows the phone for a couple of seconds.

They just showed it during Cougartown...

Very nice.

Whoever is in charge of Sprint's individual phone marketing should be fired!

1. The Pre commercials that didn't showcase the main features of the phone. The ability to multitask with the card system and the physical keyboard. The failure of the Pre(yes I said failure) is just as much to blame on subpar hardware as it is on dreadful marketing.

2. Let's look at those Droid commercials. The early ones, if I remember correctly, didn't even let the consumer know it was a phone. THey were very intriguing. And once they let us know it was a phone they concentrated on what the phone could do. Great marketing.

3. And now we have the Evo commercial. We see great moments in evolution for technology and it culminates in the Evo. And the Evo is the next step because... No answer. WTF! Sprint. Show video chat!. Or better yet. . .

Do a quick montage of a soccer mom using Sprint Navigation to get to the soccer game while calling somebody to tell them to bring drinks. Then at the soccer game show dad videoing it on the phone while the grandparents are at home watching via Qik. Then on the drive home big sister sends a quick text letting everybody know you are celebrating winning the big game in 20 minutes at your house(using Swype to type). Then she quickly uploads a picture of little brother to Facebook to share with all of her friends. Then at home connecting the phone to the HDTV showing highlights of the game with the EVO resting on its kickstand by the TV. Now that's a concept that we as Americans can embrace and would want to buy into!

Quote Originally Posted by MNofsinger View Post
    They just showed it during Cougartown...
    damn! i record my shows then watch them cuz i hate sitting thru commercials. wish i would have somehow noticed it. would have loved to see it during cougar town.

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dre3k2 View Post

Bam!

Great commercial!.. Better than the "creepy girl" Pre ads.
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME ... That's just as much a crap commerscial as the creepy girl ... I REALLY do NOT understand Sprints marketing scheme ... They never come out blazing their weapons ... They NEVER show what the phones can do in the real world and they NEVER cross market ... They show a crappy stoneage commercial that anyone of us could have put togetherWith the same ol boring elevator music ... ABSOLUTELY NO excitement what-so-ever ... I have NEVER understood this ... Ask all of yourselves this ... If Sprint and HTC would have come to YOU to make a commercial ... What would you pitch ... But thats just my opinion ... lol

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jpsamora View Post
    whoever is in charge of sprint's individual phone marketing should be fired!

1. The pre commercials that didn't showcase the main features of the phone. The ability to multitask with the card system and the physical keyboard. The failure of the pre(yes i said failure) is just as much to blame on subpar hardware as it is on dreadful marketing.

2. Let's look at those droid commercials. The early ones, if i remember correctly, didn't even let the consumer know it was a phone. They were very intriguing. And once they let us know it was a phone they concentrated on what the phone could do. Great marketing.

3. And now we have the evo commercial. We see great moments in evolution for technology and it culminates in the evo. And the evo is the next step because... No answer. Wtf! Sprint. Show video chat!. Or better yet. . .

do a quick montage of a soccer mom using sprint navigation to get to the soccer game while calling somebody to tell them to bring drinks. Then at the soccer game show dad videoing it on the phone while the grandparents are at home watching via qik. Then on the drive home big sister sends a quick text letting everybody know you are celebrating winning the big game in 20 minutes at your house(using swype to type). Then she quickly uploads a picture of little brother to facebook to share with all of her friends. Then at home connecting the phone to the hdtv showing highlights of the game with the evo resting on its kickstand by the tv. Now that's a concept that we as americans can embrace and would want to buy into!

hell yeah preach it preacher !!!

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Holy crap that was a Rube Goldberg machine at its finest. Awesome commercial.
    </awesome>

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks GB 1.3d

Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    Cool for us tech geeks.

But, for the average consumer they will have no more idea why they should buy an EVO after this ad than they did before.
    Just what I think. They need to tout the specs. Otherwise the average people will interpret this as a new Instinct model or something.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast