Anyone having issues with latest update 2.3.5

dizzy007

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I can't get mine to install. The phone restarts and trys to install update for a couple of seconds but then it stops at a screen with the little robot and an "!" in a triangle and locks up. Any suggestions? At first I thought it was cause mine was rooted so I set it back to S-On unrooted and tried again and got the same thing.

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I can't get mine to install. The phone restarts and trys to install update for a couple of seconds but then it stops at a screen with the little robot and an "!" in a triangle and locks up. Any suggestions? At first I thought it was cause mine was rooted so I set it back to S-On unrooted and tried again and got the same thing.
If you have a custom recovery, the update won't be able to install. Though there's no need to unroot to take the OTA as there are rooted stock ROMs based on it already. A quick Google search for "EVO 4G 4.67.651.3 rooted" should yield the results you seek.

MrClarenceCat

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I tried the static ip and it did not work. I did a factory reset and it did not work. (save yourself and don't listen to sprint and reset your phone) Tried the static ip after that and it didn't work.

Whatever this update broke, it cannot be fixed. Not sure what to do next.

wirthmoor

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
have had the same problem for a few months - my wifi does this when the mobile network is checked (no longer automatically switches), so I have to manually turn on wifi and turn off mobile network as needed and vice versa. Kind of a pain, but beats a reset and only a couple more months until new phone time

Dusty

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I went to Sprint to voice my opinion on the update. Just so happened that the person I talked to was the 'technical service' guy(I'll use that term loosely). He proceeds to tell me that he has updated many phones over the last week and I am the only one having any trouble.

As he is thumbing through my phone, he says he can't do anything because my phone is rooted because hes never seen one that looks like mine(GoLauncher EX) and that mine has a kernel that hes never seen. There went my faith in the 'tech guy' as my phone has never been rooted. He told me they can run a diagnostic test that takes 30+ minutes and it will tell if it was rooted. I figured there was no use in trying to argue but I welcomed to do whatever he needed to do...

After a few minutes of BS(hearing about how he was AT&T's tech guy since the iPhone launced and he knew all bout them, all about jailbreaking...), his answer was that the update contained items related to improve Sense, some security improvements blah blah blah. I left for work. Since then(2 days ago) I've switched back to using HTC Sense and battery life has vastly improved, but the WiFi deal is still going on. However, it does not seem to be as often as before. I'm going to continue to use Sense for a bit and see how that goes. If it don't improve, I'll pay an ETF and go back to my previous cell provider.

Reactions: balansboy

SNAFU

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Mine is constantly having 3g and 4g connection issues since the update.

Only thing that fixes it is rebooting it but sometimes I have to reboot 2 or 3 times...

talks-too-much

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
After my update a couple weeks back, my Bluetooth has been flakey - basically I get one shot after a reboot to connect a headset. After one connection, if I disconnect, I can't connect any device (including the original one) unless I reboot. Cycling the bluetooth doesn't help, cycling the device doesn't help, being discoverable doesn't help. Also, I don't get a keyboard in several of my apps, and the Wi-Fi is dropping at random times. Is there a way to downgrade to the prior version?

MrClarenceCat

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I swear it is almost as if Sprint and HTC are pushing everyone into rooting their phones. I use my phone for business so wifi drops is not an option. Before this update, I was content with the stock ROM. Now I feel as if I have no choice.

donnie623

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I called Sprint to see if they have any known wifi issues on their tech notes and they dont. This is definitely not a good thing because that means there will never be a fix for it. I feel like my phone is bricked and i am forced to root. I am actually surprised their isnt more talk about the issue on here. Maybe its not as widespread as it seems. They told me to hard reset so i guess ill try that.

Dusty

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I called Sprint to see if they have any known wifi issues on their tech notes and they dont. This is definitely not a good thing because that means there will never be a fix for it. I feel like my phone is bricked and i am forced to root. I am actually surprised their isnt more talk about the issue on here. Maybe its not as widespread as it seems. They told me to hard reset so i guess ill try that.

A hard reset didn't even phase mine. It still has WiFi issues.

MrClarenceCat

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
A hard reset didn't even phase mine. It still has WiFi issues.

Same here. Save your time and don't do any resets (including factory) as they have no effect.

I finally got my wifi to stop dropping by installing another router that I had as a backup (a Vizio router than came with my TV). I have had the Belkin 600 since November and never experienced any wifi issues with the previous Evo 4g system. There is something about the newest update that does not work with my Belkin router. I looked at every setting and did not see anything obvious.

If you have another router lying around, I would suggest to switch routers and see if the issues stop.

Reactions: Dusty

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Ever since this update, the built-in email client won't check for new mail. I usually have it set to check as new items arrived. I also tried every 5 min, still no dice. It will check when I open the mail app, that's it. Pretty sucky because I really depend on this. I'm using a Microsoft Exchange 2010 mail server, have been for the last year, everything worked great until this update.

Dusty

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Save your time and don't do any resets (including factory) as they have no effect.

I finally got my wifi to stop dropping by installing another router that I had as a backup (a Vizio router than came with my TV). I have had the Belkin 600 since November and never experienced any wifi issues with the previous Evo 4g system. There is something about the newest update that does not work with my Belkin router. I looked at every setting and did not see anything obvious.

If you have another router lying around, I would suggest to switch routers and see if the issues stop.

I'm glad you figured yours out. I am using a Belkin 600 at home and that is where most of this bouncing occurs. Now that you mention it, at work all of out routers are Lynksys and I don't have as much trouble there. It does drop Wifi there but not nearly as bad.

Wonder if Sprint will give us an incentive towards a new router? :p

donnie623

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I also have a Belkin 600. Thanks for looking into it and sharing your info. I figured it had to be something specific because if it were widespread there would be alot more traffic on this topic. Time to play around with my routers..thx again

meepzorp

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Same here. No auto update from Microsoft Exchange 2010 server since update. Mail won't synch until the app is opened and sometimes not even then. Also calendar will not synch at all. Really pi$$ing me off..

meepzorp

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Ever since this update, the built-in email client won't check for new mail. I usually have it set to check as new items arrived. I also tried every 5 min, still no dice. It will check when I open the mail app, that's it. Pretty sucky because I really depend on this. I'm using a Microsoft Exchange 2010 mail server, have been for the last year, everything worked great until this update.

Same here. No auto update from Microsoft Exchange 2010 server since update. Mail won't synch until the app is opened and sometimes not even then. Also calendar will not synch at all. Really pi$$ing me off..

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
But what if your phone is already rooted? What effect, if any, does this new update have?
It should have no impact, since, if you're rooted, that also means that you're NAND unlocked and have a custom recovery. In that case, you would just flash the stock, rooted version of the update, and you'd be good to go :).

Reactions: muelgrub

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non