How are salespeople treating your Evo?

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Any drops, spins, or plopping the phone down on the camera lens during activation? Anybody try to get them to activate WITHOUT unboxing it?

shibumi

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Any drops, spins, or plopping the phone down on the camera lens during activation? Anybody try to get them to activate WITHOUT unboxing it?

I was nervous the whole time. First thing he did was pop the backs off to put the battery in, then w/o replacing the back, flipped it over and started it up... :eek:

Luckily he left the plastic protector on the camera lens, but it still made me nervous.

Come to think of it - they were probably TOLD to do that in sales training - cuz it instantly made me buy the Body Glove cases!! :D

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The rep I had was one of my good buddies and he knows how I am with phones, so he basically let me handle everything besides the stuff on his end :p. Plus he was the advocate for the Evo so he let me toy around w/ his for a bit.

feet

May 20, 2010
Visit site
the saleswoman @ bb was picking it up and putting it down, moving it a little forward out of habit... ON THE LENSE. I must have had some horrified look on my face.
When she got up I picked it up and looked at the lense then said something about it resting on the lense and examined and rubbed it.
I put it back down gently but I made sure she saw how careful I was and how I didnt put it back down on the desk surface.
She was VERY careful after that.

bduschel

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I watch the 2 sprint reps next to my store fumble for almost an hour trying to get an EVO activated and contacts transfered over with Cellebrite. Quite comical.

anthonylokrn

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Radio Shack manager did not even have to touch my phone. He scanned the barcode on the box, and when he walked off to grab some paperwork, I opened the box and took everything out of the packaging. He came back, typed a few things into the computer, and then told me to power on the EVO.

But then again, I did return a Sprint phone back to them so the exchange is probably different than a brand new activation.

chazc080488

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah best buy's server crashed and I was there for a hour and a half before I got my phone activated. Sprint should of did a better job of making sure there system could of handled the demand.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
The girl at Sprint who activated mine kept the plastic on and was very careful. Even better I had taken it off and she ended up needing it back for a second and she put her finger behind her shirt and screen tapped with her shirt on the screen!

Im not even that crazy!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Heidi, at the downtown Seattle store was the nicest rep I've ever talked to, and she didn't take any of the plastic off. This was a lot better than a few years back when this lady with 3 inch nails started tapping at the screen to activate it.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Radio Shack guy was aces, other than making a half-hearted effort to sell me overpriced accessories. I could tell he was just laying them out because he had to; no real pressure to buy. Wish my Invisible Shield from Memorial Day would've arrived.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
We were first in line (my g/f and I) for two EVOs, we were welcomed in to the store sharply at 6AM and my g/f asked immediately if they carried any cable wire, after a good laugh we got right to business and the rep handled the phone like an ace. She left the plastic on the screen and packed everything back up perfectly.

overall a great experience getting the EVOs and whenever it's time to do this again, I'd go back.

skitzi

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Best experience ever in a retail store period - my local Best Buy.

I was in before the stor opened, only letting in people who preorderd. The system to activate the phone was a bit over burdened and was not doing the activation. The sales guys goofed about it a bit and I bought me a NOS energy drink wile we waited for the computer system. Ended up hanging out and talking a bit about the xda community. System came back up and I was on my way. :)

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Heidi, at the downtown Seattle store was the nicest rep I've ever talked to, and she didn't take any of the plastic off. This was a lot better than a few years back when this lady with 3 inch nails started tapping at the screen to activate it.

Wow, you remember her name... :p