Question Why are my pics bad?

abrogard

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Is it because of the limitations of my phone and it'd be fixed by a better phone easily enough? If so what kind of phone, i.e. what price point?
Or is it because of my own limitations?
The phone is a cheap old LTE Blade A51.
The pics are often out of focus is the problem.
Like that's either camera shake or shooting in poor light making a for a long exposure that in turn makes camera shake impossible to avoid - or it is because the camera itself has slow shutter speeds.
I am thinking/hoping the members here will know.

The phone is a prepaid with no money it and an expired phone number so's I can't get any money in it any more, Telstra tells me, that unfriendly unhelpful monolith.

I don't use it for calls because smartphones are too big for my pocket and I smash 'em too easy. I use an old dumb phone. Soon I won't be able to do that though. Telstra (again) warns me. They're going to roll out something and kill something else and my old dumbphone will be dead.

So cut a long story short it looks like maybe I'm going to have to get a smartphone after all. Rather than just a new SIM for this old one. And I see they're getting really affordable now. In Woollies they go them lined up like chocolate bars, real consumer items, prices down near $100. I can handle that.

Talking of new SIMs though, I guess I could put the SIM from my old dumbphone into the smartphone, could I? Never tried it. It would work?

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, your ZTE Blade A51 is a low-end phone so it inherently has a lot of limitations. There are less than average hardware aspects (i.e. low RAM and presumably a less-than-optimal camera module) plus it's running a version of Android Go, the stripped down, less functional version of Android intended to be installed only on low-spec, budget-class phones. So the operating system is only marginal, and in correlation with camera module the installed Camera app is probably limited too. In essence, this being a budget-class phone you do need to lower your expectations accordingly. This will most likely apply to another low-end phone.

That said, if you look in the Camera app's Settings menu, are there any options regarding orientation or image stability? If not, you might want to try using a different camera app.. I'd recommend you try the Open Camera app
Free, Open Source, and no ads. Just note that you need to dig into this app's Settings menu to configure it properly. It has an extensive number options and is highly customizable, including options to show orientation guides in the viewfinder, and a calibration function for an auto-leveling option.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000