Want to remove Facebook birthdays from phone calendar

Dragnz

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Want to remove Facebook birthdays from phone calendar. Looked at the settings for both Calendar and Facebook, but can't find how to turn these off. Anyone have any ideas ?

anon26174

May 24, 2010
Visit site
This got me too. Then I went into the Calendar app itself (rather than just the widget) and selected Settings > Calendars... then you can choose to un-check the "Facebook" calendar option. Phew! I like my calendar sparse and just my stuff in it.

It's a little overwhelming for me the way stuff syncs up -- it's nice, and I appreciate it, but some of it happens without you really asking. However, a lot of it seems adjustable/removable thankfully.

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Anyone got a clue on how to remove all the facebook contacts from the phone option? They arent under the People Icon, they just show up when you hit Phone.

Dragnz

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks alot Fiskdoro. I'm the same way I guess. I like my calendar sparse with just my stuff in it :)

Ya know Fraz I just noticed that and id like to know that to

Gorvik

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd like that too, but I'm assuming there is no feature for that.

there is! just go to your google calendar thats linked with your google account on your phone and then follow this article.

Add Your Facebook Events to Google Calendar

1. In Facebook, go to your EVENTS page.
2. At the top of that page click EXPORT EVENTS
3. You'll get a pop up window with a URL, copy it.
4. In Google Cal, on the bottom left you'll see ?Other Calendars' and below that a link to ADD. Click ADD
5. One of the new options you'll be presented with is ADD BY URL, select that
6. Paste the URL from Facebook where it asks for it.

and thats it! when your phone calendar syncs with your google calendar, all your facebook events will show up too and no birthdays.

Reactions: karabean585

alvarezjpr

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone got a clue on how to remove all the facebook contacts from the phone option? They arent under the People Icon, they just show up when you hit Phone.

Go to people, menu, view. In there you can select the contacts you want to appear in your phone book. Hope this helps.

organix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
there is! just go to your google calendar thats linked with your google account on your phone and then follow this article.

4. In Google Cal, on the bottom left you'll see ?Other Calendars' and below that a link to ADD. Click ADD

and thats it! when your phone calendar syncs with your google calendar, all your facebook events will show up too and no birthdays.

If you do it this way, I assume you would need to update it every time new events are added?

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've got the opposite problem and never got an answer on the General Questions board: I accepted a FB Event that was set up as a repeating item every damn day for four months. My Agenda View of the Calendar is clogged with this stupid thing over and over. I tried to delete the event at FB and said I wasn't attending, but it's stuck there with no way to delete it; long tap just brings up "View event" or "Share vCalendar." Unlike others, I do want FB b-days to show, so the all-or-nothing of ditching the FB calendar's a hassle.

kirkenshrir

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem as DirkBelig... :-(

How come the calendar only ADDS FB events and never SYNCS!?!

Right now, this feature is useless to me. I have to chose between being reminded EVERY SINGLE DAY of a useless, pointless event OR not have access to all my FB birthdays...

Has anyone figured out a fix for this?

jawman

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

4. In Google Cal, on the bottom left you'll see ‘Other Calendars' and below that a link to ADD. Click ADD

Gorvik, does that just do current events, or does it update as new events are made in the future? I don't want to have to do that every time someone creates a new event. It would be pretty pointless if the link did not sync with Google cal. Do you get what I'm saying?

melindawarren#AC

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Go to people, menu, view. In there you can select the contacts you want to appear in your phone book. Hope this helps.
Not anymore you can't. Not since the last update. I don't even have sync my facebook contact selected and it still won't let me delete them. Before the update I could keep the ones I wanted and delete the ones I didn't.

vivekshines

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
1) Delete the event from ur facebook,

2) Update and sync ur facebook in ur android phone

3) Got to settings->applications->manage applications -> all->calenders-> clear data(clear cache)

or u can aslo go to facebook app main page and select settings->sync->remove facebook data

4) sync facebook again

this worked for me like a charm:)

lizzy11

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
This got me too. Then I went into the Calendar app itself (rather than just the widget) and selected Settings > Calendars... then you can choose to un-check the "Facebook" calendar option. Phew! I like my calendar sparse and just my stuff in it.

It's a little overwhelming for me the way stuff syncs up -- it's nice, and I appreciate it, but some of it happens without you really asking. However, a lot of it seems adjustable/removable thankfully.

lizzy11

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Big Big Thank you, I have been sat for over 2 hour trying to sort this out, my phone was so busy looking in my calandar and I just wanted to see the important things, if I had of know I would not of allowed it. thank you thank you thank you XXXX