Fring audio issues

fgkay

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Been testing Ding video calls with another EVO user and are getting some serious background audio interference / noise. Were both on 4G and the video portion is fine Looking for any tips on what to try differently. Thanks.

AngryCPA

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any issues with the audio being a few seconds off or is this just how the program works. I don't recall having this much chat lag doing PC to PC. Was testing Skype over Fring while on Wifi and there was at least a 5 second delay...

Also, is there any way to change the Fring IM notifications? There seems to be one ringtone and you cant turn off the vibrate.

teevah

May 13, 2010
Visit site
have been using frin and am pretty amazed by the quality for being on a mobile. I have also experienced alot of backround noise but plugging in a wired headset took all this away. I am only 3g here it is good but with wifi on no problems at all. I tried qik for the first time yesterday and loved the video but it is a one way system the person that doesn't initiate the connection has to push a button to talk dealbreaker for me.

satx1986

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried Fring with a friend in Japan. She was on Skype. She to complained about a lot of background noise and feedback. She was using a headset. I did not have any audio issues and her audio was clear. The video on both ends was very clear. I was using WiFi.

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
have been using frin and am pretty amazed by the quality for being on a mobile. I have also experienced alot of backround noise but plugging in a wired headset took all this away. I am only 3g here it is good but with wifi on no problems at all. I tried qik for the first time yesterday and loved the video but it is a one way system the person that doesn't initiate the connection has to push a button to talk dealbreaker for me.

So using wired headset took care the background problem? Cool, I got to try it.

I tried to use Bluetooth, it didn't work, just FYI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87