Qik Video Chat

as4life

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
After several installs/uninstalls and reboots I finally got it to work.

If you're getting the message about not being connected to the network and you can see your data arrows moving, ignore that message. Don't cancel out of it, just let Qik do it's things. Once you get signed in if you exit the program and try to reenter Qik you'll get the sign-up screen again, it's time for another restart and all should be good.

So are you able to update Qik to have video chat? If so, how? So I was able to find and download qik on markeplace but still don't have the feature to video chat.

Last edited:

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
ok here is my question i have the evo and i tired fring and it wont let me make video calls at all like there is no selection to even vid chat.... and with qik same i cant seem to get it to work now i live in chicago so we have 4g but in my appartment i cant get 4g only 3g do i have to be in a 4g area to vid chat

I can't get Qik to work so can't help you there...
But on fring hit menu, add ons, and make sure Skype is clicked. That will let you make video calls. I did this yesterday and we don't even have 3G in my area...

EDIT:
Of course, if you don't have skype, go to skype's website on your computer and sign up for a free account.

Last edited:

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
What color is your Qik icon? It should be blue if you were able to snag the update before they took it out of the market to fix some of the bugs.

If you were able to snag the update and your icon is orange, you need to restart your phone (this could be a couple of times), before you'll see the blue icon. I would suggests pulling the battery for 30 seconds.

Once you get the blue icon Qik, open it and attempt to log in (again this might take a few tries), if you get the "you're not connected to the network" message but you can see your 3G arrows moving, ignore the message, don't cancel it out just let it sit there until you get the screen in the screen cap below.

Now once you exit the program it might make you go through the sign up again, try shutting down the phone and/or pulling the batter again. That's what made it work for me.

Just a hint guys and girls. If you are able to record a video e-mail be careful, the test e-mail I did with a friend posted to my YouTube and FaceSpace accounts.

If you weren't lucky enough to get the update before they pulled it from the market you're stuck with the older non-HTC EVO quick so won't you get all the bells and whistles.

qik_screen.png
qik_icon.png

So are you able to update Qik to have video chat? If so, how? So I was able to find and download qik on markeplace but still don't have the feature to video chat.

Last edited:

VinceV

May 18, 2010
Visit site
For people who have Qik video chat working, is the audio supposed to be bi-directional? When I do a video chat, video works fine, but one (and only one) person ends up with a "talk" button on their screen that acts as a push to talk. Is this normal?

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Can't answer that, haven't done a video chat yet.

When you click the video chat button does your screen look something like this?

qik_video_chat.png

For people who have Qik video chat working, is the audio supposed to be bi-directional? When I do a video chat, video works fine, but one (and only one) person ends up with a "talk" button on their screen that acts as a push to talk. Is this normal?

Last edited:

as4life

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't able to update Qik so i probably downloaded the non evo version. I guess i will have to wait...

What color is your Qik icon? It should be blue if you were able to snag the update before they took it out of the market to fix some of the bugs.

If you were able to snag the update and your icon is orange, you need to restart your phone (this could be a couple of times), before you'll see the blue icon. I would suggests pulling the battery for 30 seconds.

Once you get the blue icon Qik, open it and attempt to log in (again this might take a few tries), if you get the "you're not connected to the network" message but you can see your 3G arrows moving, ignore the message, don't cancel it out just let it sit there until you get the screen in the screen cap below.

Now once you exit the program it might make you go through the sign up again, try shutting down the phone and/or pulling the batter again. That's what made it work for me.

Just a hint guys and girls. If you are able to record a video e-mail be careful, the test e-mail I did with a friend posted to my YouTube and FaceSpace accounts.

If you weren't lucky enough to get the update before they pulled it from the market you're stuck with the older non-HTC EVO quick so you get all the bells and whistles.

qik_screen.png
qik_icon.png

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I dont know whats going on but i dont get that video chat button. Not good for qik making the EVO launch look bad!

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
How do you delete icons?

Go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and find Qik, if you have two the blue and orange press and choose uninstall. If you only have one Qik, do the same thing but select uninstall updates.

Then go to your SD card, and delete the Qik folder. Now if the update is back in the market download the update. If not you're stuck with the older version until they get the update out.

Hmmm strange I'm not getting that option to click video chat and I am using the blue Qik

If you downloaded Qik with the blue icon that you can find in the market today, be aware the version of quick in the market now is NOT the version for the EVO. The EVO version is titled Qik for HTC EVO 4G

In order to have all the talked about EVO features you must have Qik specifically for the EVO

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and find Qik, if you have two the blue and orange press and choose uninstall. If you only have one Qik, do the same thing but select uninstall updates.

Then go to your SD card, and delete the Qik folder. Now if the update is back in the market download the update. If not you're stuck with the older version until they get the update out.

If you downloaded Qik with the blue icon that you can find in the market today, be aware the version of quick in the market now is NOT the version for the EVO. The EVO version is titled Qik for HTC EVO 4G

In order to have all the talked about EVO features you must have Qik specifically for the EVO

A screen shoot of it would be nice though...i didnt know that the qik for EVO is titled "Qik HTC EVO 4G"..is that what you are saying?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez