How to Set Wallpaper

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site
There isn't enough space around the car to get the whole car to show up on the main screen without adding a border to the picture. Attached are two versions, one with the image cropped down that will cause the car to go across all 7 screens and one cropped to show the car on the main screen but with a black border that will show up.

Yeah im totally doing something wrong or have a feature on i tried the first image and it was pixelly

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
You're only looking at the resolution of the thumbnail. Both images are 800x960. You need to download the full size one.

If you want to do it using the camera on the phone. Step back a bit so the car doesn't fill the width of the frame. Then crop it so it looks like the car is going to show up in the middle.

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site
OK cool good to know. I see that 2.1 doesnt work with photos and wallpapers the same as the Pre and iPhone. Its pretty annoying to go in their and guesstimate how your picture will come as a wallpaper. With my Pre i would just select a picture and fit it to the box and boom it was there. I also have a really nice picture of a SS black and red camaro front end but i cant use it...oh well

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Play around with some pictures and see what works for your situation. I actually like the effect of the wallpaper shifting but they could have made an option to have it fixed in place.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
one solution is this - if you have a small picture say 300x300 pixels - first create a solid color 960x800 pixels blank wallpaper (like black or white any solid color that looks good with your pic). then simply copy then center and drop paste it in your photo in the middle of it using MS Paint or MS Picture Manager.

lopsa84

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Go to the android market and search for "Wallpaper set and save" its free and you set the wallpaper and avoid having to crop your picture.

Enjoy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez