Evo pinch to zoom vs Pre pinch to zoom

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like defective hardware to me.

Take that sucker back or go to the Sprint store and play with the two demo units they have out to compare.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
The Evo is much better imo than the Pre, hands down. Even in the built in browser.
Swype and ShapeWriter would probably never work on the Pre.
Mine would barely unlock on the second try.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm using an invisible shield...maybe that's my issue..haven't tried any other evos with a shield to compare

I just tried it on my EVO with Invisible Shield installed and it is working just fine. If I had to say anything it would be that it zooms in and out too quickly for what I became accustomed to on my Pre.

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
No contest with the Pre, whats amazing about the EVO is that as you type past the box viewing area it actually follows the text, something i hated on the Pre because i had to constantly zoom in and out or move the box around ...

Also on that note double tap to zoom in is amazing because it reconfigures the screen so the text fits nicely, something again the Pre did not do and could have benefited from!

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Both are great at it but the Evo can not pan around while pinching to zoom.
The Pre is surprisingly was great at some things and pinch to zoom was almost flawless.

Overall, the browsing experience on the Evo is miles ahead because of the big screen and responsiveness in speed and touch.

Last edited:

brontron

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
well i wont go as far as to say its miles better. its better sure but the pre has one of the more responsive screens out. i could imagine the size of the screen makes it easier to do though.

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I used the multitouch app....flawless...maybe its the autofit that I don't like. Any way to turn that off?

I second this.....coming from an iphone and pre where text doesn't "autofit" on you the experience is definitely a little strange and sometimes the autofit doesn't display all the text you need to read.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I second this.....coming from an iphone and pre where text doesn't "autofit" on you the experience is definitely a little strange and sometimes the autofit doesn't display all the text you need to read.

I feel like, with the Evo... it's not necessary. The screen is big enough.
I wish there was an option to take it off.

Now I wish I had Evoware... or something, where I can install a patch that does that for me, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress