Alarm with no Calendar entry showing?

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
For medical reasons I need to do an brief eye exercise every two hours during the day. On my Pre, I had set up 5-minute duration recurring daily events to remind me. This makes the calendar very busy, and makes it look like your entire day is booked when you're in month view.

On the Pre, I could choose to sync this calendar against google, but not display it. The calendar remained active and I got alarms, but it didn't clog the calendar making it hard to see other things.

Unfortunately, it looks like on Android if you don't display a calendar you don't get alarms from it.

Can anyone think of a way to get reminders periodically, without filling up the calendar display with little 5 minute events? Maybe another program, separate from the calendar? Looking for something that doesn't need constant resetting every time like a countdown timer would.

vikingjunior

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Tap the big clock on home screen then at the bottom of clock screen there is a dozen different options. If that doesn't help you I'm sure there is an app for what your looking for.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Found an app that seems to fit my needs. "Pillbox Alert", lets you set up reminders to take pills, I just treat the exercise as a pill dose.

If you try it, you definitely want to change the default alarm sound. Nearly had a heart attack the first time it went off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall