Anyone else use HTC_IME keyboard?

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I love this keyboard. Completely customizable.
For example, swipe right brings me to voice commands. Swiping left deletes the last word.
You can set it so that space twice inserts a punctuation mark. (I know you BB folks would like that)

Also, when I do Speech to text, it capitilizes the first letter of the first word... so now it is completely useable.

[MOD] HTC_IME (8th June) v27: Small fix - xda-developers

I used Astro File Manager once I put the file on my SD Card...

Try it out!
I tried Shapewriter, Sense, Better, and Smart KB.
I liked Smart KB the most but didn't want to pay for a keyboard. :/

cflynt

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have grown fond of the HTC IME Keyboard. It seems more responsive than the stock one, do love the gestures. But honestly haven't tested lots others out but like all my bells in one app heh, like voice capability etc built into the keyboard.

as4life

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the modded HTC keyboard as well but was wondering if you were able set it up to have a send button in landscape? If so, please share!

superm1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I found myself needing them... I mean, you have no other directional pad?

You can always just tap at the part of the word you need to modify. I only needed to use them to revert my mistakes because I accidentally kept hitting them when I was shooting for the space bar..

as4life

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
You can always just tap at the part of the word you need to modify. I only needed to use them to revert my mistakes because I accidentally kept hitting them when I was shooting for the space bar..

You can also change the setttings to move the cursor with volume buttons.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
The best thing for me was having the first letter of the word capitalize itself when i'm speaking into the microphone. Now i always use the speech to text function.

as4life

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the modded HTC keyboard as well but was wondering if you were able set it up to have a send button in landscape? If so, please share!

With help from another forum, i was able to figure out how to have a send button in landscape with the modded htc keyboard. under user interface check no landscape fullscreen.