Anyone here switch from a Pre??

Siteoner

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
@brandonc I did a search; it was completely unproductive. If you do not have an answer to the question then please do not waste my time with a response.

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Bunch of these threads...n-e-ways I loved WEBOS but palm just couldn't keep up with the competition this phone (EVO) is just siiick

Siteoner

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
@flip I got to play with the store model for a few minutes today seems pretty cool. What do you like better about it and what if anythng do you miss from WebOS??

@everyone else: I notice nobody has linked to any of these "boatloads" of threads(of which I've found exactly NONE) or mentioned exactly what search terms theyre using. So far just knowing that this is the community that I have to look forward to if I were to make the switch is almost enough to make me say forget it.

wwjd4pk#AC

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The obvious thing I miss is the way WebOS handles multitasking with cards. Just beautiful. I miss real Multitasking! BUt that's it. I am in love with my EVO and would not go back unless it is comparable to the EVO & Google features.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah there are a lot of threads on people that came from Pre/Precentral.net.

The low-down.
The user interface is less friendly without gestures/cards, but you can get used to it pretty easily and you can really abuse the homescreens on Sense.
The different types of software keyboards give you variety and choice to the only hardware keyboard that you can find on the Pre.
Customization = win for the Evo.
Games... kind of a win for the Pre. Games are better on the big screen (Raging Thunder 2 looks so great), but they run smoother on the Pre. I hope they make games that run well on the Evo.
Otherwise, the apps on the Evo BLOW the pre away. Some of these google apps will just make you say "wow"... cause they do some amazing stuff. Google Sky Maps is one of those apps.

I know it's hard to search for specific stuff, so hope that helps.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I moved from the Pre and started hanging here to get a feel for the EVO a week or to before it launched, so I've seen a zillion Pre owners asking questions/bragging/cheering threads in about a month; so many that now when I see another search-challenged (or plain lazy) thread started, I half want to suggest that maybe an iPhone may be more their speed. :rolleyes:

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Another one of these threads? ;-)

2 cents, HTC Sense rounds out the rough edges and makes the Evo palatable for a webOS user. I don't think I could have jumped from webOS to Android without Sense UI's mail, messaging, contact, social networking integration--all of which is native to webOS and slicker.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
@brandonc I did a search; it was completely unproductive. If you do not have an answer to the question then please do not waste my time with a response.

I'm guessing the reason "Pre" doesn't come up because the search engine sees it as a particle. But I'm not very search savvy... HOWEVER, had you typed in Palm, you'd see a BOATLOAD of Pre posts.

I agree with the above, Pre had an amazing processor- and notifications, but simple things like NOT reformatting/scaling text to be of READABLE size in the calendar, HTML email, and webpages and that this issue wasn't addressed in the COUNTLESS OS updates over the year killed me.

Evo with this SINGLE feature - that MOST smartphones already had prior to Pre is why anyone should leave Pre.

I loved notifications and Web OS- but someone should have been fired over the "Beta" feeling of that phone. So many things glaringly wrong with that phone and it's launch.

Meanwhile, Evo isn't all roses either. People are caught up in the tech spec hype- but many have pointed out it's shortcomings too.

Sad NO smartphone TODAY from a business productivity sense can do what a Palm running Garnet OS and the app AGENDUS can do. If that OS didn't crash multiple times DAILY, I'd still be using it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress