"Google sign-in" error

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I am still having this issue and cannot update g+ as I can't get into my play store. I removed g+ updates and data but got nowhere. I removed and re-added most of my gmail accounts which worked great. The only one left is the main account which IS causing problems with other apps.

Maybe remove your account from the play store then sign in again?

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

IAmNotReallyASpy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

I am new to the forums and I was wondering what was going on with my phone,
I was able to get my emails and the sort just fine a few weeks ago, but recently I cannot.
Had a wee panic attack and changed my password and cleared my cache, ect, but now I found out I'm not alone.

I know I am entering my password just fine and every time I do, the screen blinks and it's back to the "Incorrect Password/ username".

I thought it was my two-step verification settings so I originally looked for threads for that,
but the requirement was an app... that I can't get because I can' t log in to download.
So I ruled it out, did a Google search and here I was.

I wondered if my updates caused it, 'cause I had a boatload of updates, mostly Google's and after they all downloaded and verified, it no longer worked.

Sorry for the disturbance, I'm just rather annoyed.

tonywrengoodwyn

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I think I may have figured this out. Try it, see if it helps.

I've been having this same issue for about 2 weeks now. I didn't think much of it at first, until I tried going to the Play Store and found myself unable to get in because of it. That was annoying.

Today I went and checked my sign-in status for Chrome, and found that it was also messed up. The program told me I needed to create an application-specific password in order to make it work.

I've seen this recently, and shrugged it off at first. I have enough issues keeping track of the passwords I already generate.

Well, this one forced the issue on me, so I went here, clicked on the Authorizing applications and sites page link in Step 1, and logged into Google like I normally did. It gave me a password, which I entered into the Chrome sign-in where it asked for it.

And voila! Chrome was re-synced and working like a charm!

Now, it mentions that this is also for use with some smartphone apps, including Gmail on your phone (and, presumably, others). So, I generated another one, tried to open up the Play Store, and entered the newly generated password where it asked me for one.

It worked!

I'm guessing therefore that the app-specific passwords are what you need to use some apps on your Android phones. If I'd known this 2 weeks ago, I would have saved myself a lot of frustration. Give it a try, and I hope it helps. Hopefully this issue will be put to rest.

Best of luck.

Reactions: feedmeccc

BS69

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Worked a treat ..... eventually.

I was getting the Google Sign-In error (little orange triangle) on my Motorola Defy (Android 2.2.2). I have 2 factor authentication on my Google account. The error on my phone only occurred after I (accidentally) clicked to Sign Into Chrome on a Windows Vista PC.

I panicked, and eventually reset my Google password (which I made exactly the same as the previous password).

My phone then kept requesting for a Google password. I noticed that under Accounts, that Calendar and GMail weren't sync'ing and I was locked out of Play Store.

I did what tonywrengoodwyn said and went to the Application Specific Passwords for my Google account on a Windows 7 PC, revoked the old ones, generated a new one and entered that into the request for Google Password on my phone. This didn't work.

I then revoked that ASP, logged out of Google on Windows 7 PC and restarted my phone (I think this is a key step).

I then created a new ASP (gave it a random name) in Google on Windows 7 PC (but didn't click <Done>)(I think this is another key step), I then entered the 16 character ASP into the Google Password Sign-in request on my phone and vioala! my phone was all good; My Accounts sync and I can enter the Play Store. (I now pressed <Done>). I rebooted my phone and all is still fine.

I really have no idea what application was requesting the ASP, hence the random name will have to do for now.
I believe that you can just revoke and generate a new ASP at anytime, so I don't think naming them is much of a problem.

Ira Eichenfield

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the same error, navigated to Google settings on my PC and found an entry to send an access code to my phone (HTC One) for the password change. I had to do this twice but on the second time I was able to re-enter my Google password and log in. I restarted my phone and I am able to display the Play Store. All other syncing functions are now working.

Craig Dayton

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem on my old DroidX (2.3.4) that I had not used in a long time. My problem was I setup the 2 step authentication process with Google and the old DroidX couldn't handle it. The workaround is to create an application specific password. Go to the following URL to generate an application password for your device.

https://www.google.com/accounts/IssuedAuthSubTokens?hide_authsub=1

Enter the generated application specific password into your Android Phone. This should resolve the problem if it is the same issue that I was having.

Newer phones don't have this issue.

xXMorepheusXx

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I HAD the same problem until a few minutes ago.

Kyocera Hydro on Virgin Mobile network...

1. FORCE STOP google play services
2. CLEAR google play services cache
3. Uninstall ALL updates to google play services
4. RESTART phone
5. Input password to your google account
6. Update google play services

my problem was solved...

GOOD LUCK and I hope it works for you

alli1

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Try to clear the cache in the application manager.. its works for me.. but make sure not to clear urban app data.. clear the app cache... for different mobiles there are different ways to clear ur app cache.. try to find it by using Google. Hope this will help u

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38