your thoughts on running without sense....

Blubble#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
For those that asked, here is the rundown of how I set up my home screens.

LauncherPro(free) instead of SenseUI.

Beautiful Widgets Home($1.99) for the clock and weather widget. I used the Black Cashmere skin(free)

I used Better Cut(I think around $2) for the icons. The grayed out icons are from the BlackXeth icon collection(free) for Better Cut.

The wallpaper is just something I found on flickr.

JuniorWWT

May 18, 2010
Visit site
This is very tough for me. I like some Sense, but I have downloaded Home Switcher so that I could try different launchers. I have tried Launcher Pro, ADW, and Zeam. Problem is I like them all for different reasons. Looking forward to trying Sweeter Home 2 as well. As for now I am very conflicted. Someone please sell me on a launcher so I can get on with my life!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
So other than having the launcher work in landscape, what is the advantage of turning off sense. Do the other home programs really offer significant advantages?

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
This is very tough for me. I like some Sense, but I have downloaded Home Switcher so that I could try different launchers. I have tried Launcher Pro, ADW, and Zeam. Problem is I like them all for different reasons. Looking forward to trying Sweeter Home 2 as well. As for now I am very conflicted. Someone please sell me on a launcher so I can get on with my life!

what does home switcher do?

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I like the idea of Landscape mode, but Ive gotten so used to how I set up my 7 Home Screens, that I never have to open up to my apps and scroll for anything. I just flick to the all 7 page view then go to whatever page I want. But these are some nice ideas if in the future I want to change it up. Thanks for the ideas.

JuniorWWT

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Home switcher allows you to switch between launchers easily without changing default. I still have Sense set as default, but when I'm sitting around bored watching tv I will hit home switch and launch a replacement such as Launcher Pro to play around a bit. I hit the home button when I am done and it takes me to my Sense home. I suspect I am just a few days from setting Launcher Pro as my default. I really like it. If Sense would allow some customization it would likely win easily.

Last edited:

JuniorWWT

May 18, 2010
Visit site
So other than having the launcher work in landscape, what is the advantage of turning off sense. Do the other home programs really offer significant advantages?

I wouldn't say there are significant advantages. Just a little deeper level of customization. If you are curious as to what different launchers do, there is a video review of just about every launcher on Youtube.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Original question, If your not using them then why have them run.
Go back into Sense and open a clean slate scene. When I cleared my Sense data it also wiped out my saved scene and when I opened it for something and it reloaded the Sprint theme same as 1st launch.

I'm using ADW.Launcher. The vertical scroll launcher is the kicker for me.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Home switcher allows you to switch between launchers easily without changing default. I still have Sense set as default, but when I'm sitting around bored watching tv I will hit home switch and launch a replacement such as Launcher Pro to play around a bit. I hit the home button when I am done and it takes me to my Sense home. I suspect I am just a few days from setting Launcher Pro as my default. I really like it. If Sense would allow some customization it would likely win easily.

thanks, I'll check it out when I get some time ;)

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Nope, just a matter of preference. For what it's worth, I've found no difference in battery life/speed/responsiveness between using ADW launcher/LauncherPro/Sense.

Right now I'm using Launcher Pro, but occasionally switch to Sense because I too like some of the Sense widgets which are very well done. In time there will be more great widgets other than just the beautiful weather widget. I don't mind paying a few bucks for good stuff.

Tekka

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
How do I take screen shots, been trying to figure it out all day. Also why wont the my personal wallpapers stay centered crop makes them to big