App to monitor CPU usage?

Mysteryman1

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Tab 5e and have a widget installed that shows amount of memory and CPU being used.

I have noticed that quite often when the tablet is fired up then the CPU usage is pretty high (80-90%) even when I am doing nothing at all on it. This makes me wonder if I have a rogue app or service running that is gobbling up the CPU.

Are there any apps or, indeed, anything in Android that will allow me to see what apps are running and what resources they are consuming. - something like Ctrl-Alt-Del, Task Manager in Windows would be great!

Thanmks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You mentioned that you see this when the tablet is fired up -- do you mean that you're doing a cold start of the tablet from a powered off state? And how long does the CPU usage stay high? It would be normal for CPU usage to spike right after powering on, since a number of processes are probably starting up in the background.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Mysteryman1

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
You mentioned that you see this when the tablet is fired up -- do you mean that you're doing a cold start of the tablet from a powered off state? And how long does the CPU usage stay high? It would be normal for CPU usage to spike right after powering on, since a number of processes are probably starting up in the background.
Thanks for reply.

No, not from cold start.....it is just when I "wake" it up from standby.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos