Who's had their HTC EVO 4G since launch day, with no problems at all?

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
No issues for me! Picked mine up on the afternoon of launch day, so I didn't even have the waiting-around-to-activate issue. :)

Okay, to be honest, my phone had the wrong voicemail number set up when it self-activated, so I had to have a Sprint store guy call in to get the edit mode code and change it.

bnrbranding

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I dropped mine in the toilet, then when I dried it out in the oven too hot the red frame warped. I had to cut it to get it back on somewhat. Got it in a tight plastic case and everything but the brightness works (seems to be stuck on all the way bright, doesn't respond to adjustment or ambient.)

I've had a few reboots, lockups, non-responsiveness. I guess pretty good for the most part. Not as solid as iPhone, but more fun. Hope I can get a replacement part for that frame soon.
You dropped it in the toilet and it works. but not as solid as iPhone??? Try dropping an iPhone in the toilet and see how it works.

Anyhow, had mine since launch from BB, no problems of any kind, hardware 0002.

b0bbY

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Had mine since the 5th....sprint was down on the 4th. No issues on the software end....starting to see light coming through under the search and home buttons and now getting some dust getting under the screen in the upper left corner. Goin to be returning this week. Also ran the update today (before I read about the issues) seems that 4g isn't finding towers now. Keeps going out of 4g after a few seconds of connecting...oh and I only updated once.

Gmaxxx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Had mine since launch day and only problems I'm encountering is the lying flat, grounding issue and bad battery performance. I get a solid 8 hours out of my battery with normal usage. Did a bunch of dif things to try and make bat. life better but no luck yet. Other than that no problems.

PowerUser

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Got mine the day after launch and its been great so far even after the latest update. I did find one problem that occurred before the latest update. A few days ago the power button stopped working to shut the phone down. I have to rely on the screen timeout now to shut it down. It shuts off if I press the power button when the phone is in screen lock but not if its unlocked. Its bugging the hell out of me. Any suggestions? I'm new to Android and HTC EVO.

beaker77

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I too got mine on launch day at RS, hardware version 2. Not one problem. I go 2 days without charging. No screen separation. WiFi works fine. Coming from the Pre and couldn?t be happier.

PWBarrett

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine since the Google I/O show (2 wks before launch) - no real problems.
I hadn't noticed the issue with touch input while not holding the phone till that was pointed out, but the update fixed it.
The only spontaneous reboot I've had was trying to stop a video while using the HDMI cable.
Better battery life would be nice. Can't wait for Froyo.

kennycrudup

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Got mine at Google I/O; no issues with neither the 1st nor 2nd updates. I don't root; don't need it. Don't use social networking so turned all those off, got 21H of use to run-down (phone idle only ~20%) yesterday/today after the 6/28 update (was getting ~19H before but only tested total run-down that once before today, I have chargers everywhere around me.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames