Exchanging for dust under screen

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else with this issue? I have dust under my screen in upper left and it seems to be getting worse. Off to RadioShack tomorrow I hope they have some in stock.

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Well never dealing with RadioShack ever again. I showed this idiot employee how there was dust under the screen that was *getting progressively worse* and he shrugged his shoulders and told me that they have no EVOs and wouldn't get anymore before my 30 days is up.

So basically he told me he couldn't help and to go to a Sprint store. WTF I bought it at RS! I was ready to punch this kid in the face.

Anyone have RadioShack's corporate number to complain?

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
No I love my EVO and Android, not returning it.

Here's the entire story if anyone cares, am I being unreasonable?

Pre-ordered with my local RadioShack, purchased June 4th. About one week later I noticed a little dust had gotten into the upper left corner. It was just a little and really didn't bother me, I thought maybe it had gotten in there during manufacturing.

The other night I noticed even more dust had accumulated in the upper left corner and some pieces were spreading even further in towards the center of the screen. I figured I should go exchange it before the 30 days is up because the problem is getting progressively worse. I was aware demand is high and they may not have any in stock, but surely they'd take my name and call me when they could get one.

So today I went back into the local RadioShack where I purchased it and one 18 or 19 year old kid is in there and no one else. I tell him I want to exchange my EVO for a new one and tried to show him the dust in the upper left corner. It was difficult to see under the crappy store lights and he really didn't seem interested in looking too closely. He then says to me "so it's just a little dust and you can barely see it, I have no more EVOs."

I told him that it was a defect obviously because dust is getting inside my screen and I needed to exchange it, and asked him if they would have any more before the 30 days is up (July 4th) and his response was "Nope. Why don't you just go to the Sprint store and maybe they can clean it."

Then I made a comment about the build quality of smartphones these days and how it sucks and he says "That has nothing to do with me". Huh? Like I'm accusing him of building the phone? This kid is some sort of retard. And then figuring he solved my issue he went back to doing something else.

Disgusted with this boy I walked out at that point figuring I'd go back when the manager was in. Came home and complained to RadioShack corporate detailing the problem and how it happened exactly as described above. Got an email back within a few hours saying that my problem has "been forwarded to my local district office".

And that's it so far.

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I am not saying that Sprint is the same but I came from a BB Storm 1 on Verizon and they would not help with dust under the screen.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The more I hear about these horror stories, the more I'm leaning towards returning my phone and re-purchasing it after a month or so. This is just ridiculous.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm on my fourth on all for different reasons. I have this one for about 4 hours and now have noticed that I have a spot about the size of a dime that has dust. Called HTC and they said there's nothing their going to do about it.

boliviano3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
That's messed up. I called the radio shack where I bought mine to exchange it (I have the screen separation issues) and they took my name and number down since they didn't have any. When I asked them about going past the 30 days the guy told me they would still honor it since they didn't have any in stock. You should go in and speak to a manager and if that doesn't work ask for their corporate office number and speak to them.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Took my EVO back to Best Buy today for screen lifting, they don't have any in stock either. Best Buy is waiving the 30 day exchange because of the defect and put me on the top of the list so I get a replacement before the 27 people who are still waiting for their first one.

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Update - Got a call from the store manager this morning who just got back from her honeymoon. She put me on the list for one of five EVOs that are coming in in a few days. This is what the kid should have done in the first place but he couldn't be bothered.

She said she'll "take of the issue with the employee". I hope she roughs him up a little :)

Happy now. RS came through for me in the end.

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed I have a streak of dust in the upper left corner as well. Should I bother with it? It does suck with only have it for 21 days and I already have dust under the screen...and will likely get worse. However I have a $30 Invisible Shield on that I will have to repurchase, because there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

H_D

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Took my EVO back to Best Buy today for screen lifting, they don't have any in stock either. Best Buy is waiving the 30 day exchange because of the defect and put me on the top of the list so I get a replacement before the 27 people who are still waiting for their first one.

I hope Sprint does the same for me...smh

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Dust under my screen in the upper left hand corner also, hut I don't see any issues with the screen "lifting"... I'm really irritated with this dust, there is no reason this should be happening in only 20 days.

Sent from my rockin' Evo using Tapatalk.

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes I know, dust is crazy accumulating the upper left corner and spreading out from there, but all other corners are fine. There's something about that upper left corner that dust is getting in. Maybe through the headphone port?

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I went in to the Radio Shack last week to see if I could exchange it. They said no problem once they get stock in, but call back next week. I asked if it ended up past the 30 day when they got them in, would they still honor a straight exchange and they said yes. So I called today and they took my name and will call me once they get one in. Now I just have to send in a replacement for my Invisible Shield and I should be set. Hopefully everything is fixed would hate to have to go through the whole thing again. I have version 002.