Rebooting Evo

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I have been going through the app store trying to find the right app to let me reboot/restart phone. That option is probably one of the only things I miss from my old Pre. Let me know and thanks in advance!

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I believe you just have to turn the phone off, hold the power button and the volume down button. That reboots your phone. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I think im right)

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I know that one only problem is how long it takes to turn it back on. I am hoping there is an app that works on this phone that does it. I saw a few but none of them mention the Evo. Wouldn't want to mess up the phone downloading the wrong thing.

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I believe you just have to turn the phone off, hold the power button and the volume down button. That reboots your phone. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I think im right)

uh...it did not work for me. the Phone option window just popped up. Is it suppose to just re-boot?

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

LOL Nice Screen Name --- anywho to do a soft reset you have to hold the power button and press the volume up and down alternatively, very fast after like 2 seconds the screen will flash and the reboot will begin

Archon810

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
What I want is a Reboot menu item like in CyanogenMod - why in the world would HTC not put it there? Desktop OSes don't expect us to shutdown and start manually - how are phones any different?

mohan37

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
not sure if I'm reading this right, but is your problem that it takes forever to manually turn your phone off and then turn It back on? I had this issue - it would literally take 20 min for the phone to shut off, before it could be turned back on. You could tell by the charging light, which would stay lit even if you pulled out the charger.

Anyway, this behavior isn't normal, ever though at first I thought everyone's must be like that. The new update from Wednesday fixed it for me (although it introduced other troublesome become issue...see my other post)

Anyway, maybe I'm way off, but it sounded like that was why you were looking for a software reboot. The new update is apparently back up. If you haven't allied it, give it a try.

Mo

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I had a thread about this a long while ago (in adroid forum terms), it may be hard t make an app or widget to do this because it will require root access to send "restart" to the phone.

I don't know why it's never added in by Google or HTC but it would be nice.

I feel like I abuse my power button sometimes.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
How often do you reboot that this really matters? People talk about missing the feature from their Pre, but honestly with my Pre I HATED to reboot. The only times I shut down were to change the battery, so a soft-reboot option was useless.

This is even with running Preware, patches, OC, the works. Except I didn't theme things out.

The Evo is so much faster and rebooting and shutting down in particular, that the extra step of having to press the power button to turn it back on doesn't bother me in the least.

mohan37

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
There was a bug that made it incredibly slow for some people, myself included. Upwards of 20 min. The update fixed it. Brought new problems tho. That might be whats plaguing the OP.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo