google talk wont stay signed out

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Trying to stop the service. Pre update I could stop it with no ill consequences. Post update I cane stop it, it always turns back on.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't bother QuasarZ....I've tried making that clear throughout the entire thread and in the process I've almost gotten banned no thanks to some antagonizing parties. No progress will be made.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Trying to stop the service. Pre update I could stop it with no ill consequences. Post update I cane stop it, it always turns back on.

not getting gmail, gtalk messages, gvoice voicemails/texts, weather updates, etc are pretty ill consequences in my book. So if you werent getting them before (only if you bring the app back from idle/backgrounding will it update) then you should just do the following:

accounts & sync uncheck:

auto-sync
background data

and you will be back to where you were before the 6/29 update :)

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
not getting gmail, gtalk messages, gvoice voicemails/texts, weather updates, etc are pretty ill consequences in my book. So if you werent getting them before (only if you bring the app back from idle/backgrounding will it update) then you should just do the following:

accounts & sync uncheck:

auto-sync
background data

and you will be back to where you were before the 6/29 update :)

Another suggestion would be to get rid of a Google based phone... lol

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Don't bother QuasarZ....I've tried making that clear throughout the entire thread and in the process I've almost gotten banned no thanks to some antagonizing parties. No progress will be made.

Raf, i agree it is frustrating. I am not here to argue just inform people that THINK something was different then it was. I can 100% guarantee you that if you shut off gtalk service (NOT APP) that you were not getting gmail, gvoice texts/voicemail, gtalk messages, etc UNLESS you were manually opening the app which brings it to the foreground and pulls the data (and starts the gtalk service again).

you were mistaken, that is all.

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't gmail, or gvoice, however I still recieved texts and voicemail so for me I had no ill consequences. I am more interested in why it is continually running post update when it didn't before. That is all.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't gmail, or gvoice, however I still recieved texts and voicemail so for me I had no ill consequences. I am more interested in why it is continually running post update when it didn't before. That is all.

I agree that is strange but i am assuming that it has something to do with the facebook for HTC sense sync feature that was fixed. This might be a long shot, but Gtalk process is used for syncing (i am not exactly sure of every app tha t was included) but before 6/28 the sync would hang for facebook app and drain the hell out of the battery. I am assuming that this was fixed and now it is properly called to make a facebook sync. The only problem is, it still isnt syncing properly with facebook for sense. As you will notice people are still having issues with contact pictures not syncing properly, as am i.

That is purely a guess. I am thinking that HTC is making sure the process is running so that it doesnt mess with peoples syncing anymore.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Edit: also if the texts and voicemails you were refering to are from sprint, those are pushed from the servers side so they wouldnt be affected if you kept killing the service. However Google voice texts and voicemails would have be affected.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Found A Fix!:D

I too was having the same problem everyone else is having with (GOOGLETALK) starting on its owne no matter how many times I went into running services and stopped that service.

In order to keep GTALK from starting back up you have to go in the settings and turn off the "Automatic Away-status".

(GTALK>Settings>Uncheck "Automatic Away-status")

Then sign out and check your running services, there should no long be a problem with it starting on its own. I even checked my Gmail and then looked to see if this kicked the GTALK on again and it DID NOT!

Hope that helps!

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Yea I was referring to the sprint stuff so I guess that is why I had no issues with stoping it.

Thanks YBCOLD, I'll give that a shot

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok so i did some testing and here is what i came up with. Gtalk.services was running on my phone. I sent myself an email from gmail and got it on my phone instantly as well as sending myself a text from my phone to google voice, slight delay but almost instantly.

Then i shut og Gtalk.Services and here is what i found:

1)sent another email waited 3 mins, went in and refreshed then it downloaded fine.

2) sent myself another text from my phone to google talk and i never got it till i opened the app.

3) I waited 8 mins and the Gtalk.Services never came back on. Infact i have to close the Google talk app and reopen it to get the Gtalk.services to start working again.

4) So not only is gtalk connected with all of gmail services for message retrieval, removing it will mess up all the other services.

I havent tested this for facebook but i am not that concerned about it. I am not sure how long you have to wait for it to come back on back I will say and RECONFIRM that killing Gtalk.Services IS BAD if you use google talk, gmail, or google voice PERIOD.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I too was having the same problem everyone else is having with (GOOGLETALK) starting on its owne no matter how many times I went into running services and stopped that service.

In order to keep GTALK from starting back up you have to go in the settings and turn off the "Automatic Away-status".

Then sign out and check your running services, there should no long be a problem with it starting on its own. I even checked my Gmail and then looked to see if this kicked the GTALK on again and it DID NOT!

Hope that helps!

Not sure what you did but i tested this 6 times in a row just now and signing out NEVER closed the app for more, nor did it end Service.GTalkService

:confused:

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Hope that helps!

I did this at 12:30 today and gtalk has not started back up on its own since then. I don't use gmail, gtalk, or any of that stuff on my phone.

edbtzy

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I just want this gtalk service to STOP!!!! IT'S KILLING MY BATTERY ...

as previously mentioned, I can see a significant change in battery life since the update and I'm SURE it has to do with the gtalk service . I dnt care what anyone says. Before the update I stopped the service and got great battery life .... after the update, the service keep running and my battery drains sooooo quickly which leave me to believe that this Google service IS a verdict . Forget how android runs or benchmarks...its common sense

Jallen

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a bit of a twist on this problem - mine keeps coming up, but when I go into the app it shows me as signed in though all my buddies are offline (but can still message me and it comes right to my phone!). On my comp desktop, they're all online.

I'm having this exact same issue. Anyone?

raven1022

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm nine and I'm keeping my moms phone and she has gtalk and me and my mom have the friend and difrrent accounts and both wanna talk with our friend but my friend always gets confused because I'm under my moms username and try to look up every thing I did everything it said it signed out by going to the home page and I click it again and its still signed into my moms account its stupidly annoying please help! Raven

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non