Austin,Texas= No EVO's

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok so today was the day that I could finally get my EVO. I called every Best Buy and sprint in Austin,TX and Round Rock and no one had any of the EVO's. They were all sold out except 1 store and they had 1 EVO in stock. They would not hold it for me and they would not let me pay over the phone for it. I told Michael at the Sprint store that I would be there in 20 minutes. I left work early and hauled tail like a crack head to Sprint. I walked out of that store with a tear in my eye and my head held high because I was an owner of a brand new EVO.

Welcome me to club guys and gals !

This is a great day for America, Texas, and most of all Me.

Last edited:

sethpcs

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Top drawer, old chap! As a fellow Austinite, and launch day EVO owner, I can say that EVO's are a precious commodity in this technology-loving city. I have sevearl friends who are waiting with bated breath You will not be disappointed. The EVO is easily best phone that I have owned, and the 4G service in Austin has been absolutely great for me.

Congratulations and welcome to the future!

superm1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Top drawer, old chap! As a fellow Austinite, and launch day EVO owner, I can say that EVO's are a precious commodity in this technology-loving city. I have sevearl friends who are waiting with bated breath You will not be disappointed. The EVO is easily best phone that I have owned, and the 4G service in Austin has been absolutely great for me.

Congratulations and welcome to the future!

I've been on a waiting list to replace mine for weeks for the screen separation problem at the gateway sprint store. I'm actually kinda glad it's a long wait, that encourages me to believe i'll more definitely be getting a newer hardware revision :)

Thankfully it's fully functional right now otherwise.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I had the same experience!! I called around to just about every Sprint store and BB in the Austin, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Lenader areas and put my name on at leat 20 different waiting lists that were 120 people deep. Within 5min the guy from Round Rock called me back and said one of the customers on his list was not answering his call to come get the phone, so if I wanted it I had to hustle in there. I was there in 5min and had "My Precious" in hand! I thought I was going to have to wait a month or more to get one, but the tech Gods provided!

williamgcash

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Austin too... and I just got up for upgrade today (July 1). I was hoping to get an Evo, but I called around to a few Radio Shacks around town, even called Georgetown and Taylor and everybody seems to be sold out. I have my name on quite a few waiting lists right now.... but I'm definitely not trying to wait too long. I'm so sick of the piece of **** Mogul and Windows Mobile, I want my Evo!!!

dirkpitt73

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Same boat here fellas, desperately looking for an Evo. There was one at BB in RR a week or so ago and I was wavering between it and pre-ordering a Droid X. I've finally decided on the Evo and now I can't find one! Apparently BB's and Radio Shacks are getting them semi-regularly but selling out quickly. If anyone hears about some stock in Austin or RR, please post here! :)

williamgcash

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I got it!!!

I literally called like every Best Buy and Radio Shack around Austin. Nobody had them, I put my name on countless waiting lists... and then, I called the Radio Shack in Pflugerville, they said they'd have one and they'd hold it for me if I came today! I went straight over there and got my Evo!!

dirkpitt73

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Got mine Friday - called a Radio Shack and they had one that they were saving for someone else who flaked out. My gain, I love it so far. Reminds me of the old Treo 6xx days in terms of the wild west, wide open app selection and customization (I'm coming from 2 yrs of locked down iPhone).

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site
On the way from huntsville to tallahassee, I got stranded in dothan, AL and next day called to do exchange of evo due to sudden resets and even they are out of evo. So I smiled that even boonies Alabama towns with sub par signal are sold out

scoobdude

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I should have gotten mine in launch day but needed to wait till the first. 15th rolled around and saw them online. Ordered one for and the wife and had them here next day. Plus they let me upgrade 2 asks early. Horay Sprint. Now get frigid approved ASAP.

And hello fellow austinites. Leanderen over here :)

heyyu

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to let you all know that the Best Buy in the Arboretum got a shipment of Evos in yesterday. I picked mine up yesterday morning and the sales guy told me they had plenty available. Good luck! Loving the Evo so far!

--- my first post on Android Central! ---

anon(36483)

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
You might want to try the Pflugerville store out by the 130 toll road. when i picked mine up, they had exhausted their preorder list and had some in stock still...newer store...out of the way...less people know about it.
Pflugerville TX (Store 1762)
19000 Limestone Commercial Dr
Pflugerville, TX 78660
Phone: 512-990-4699

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo