Gtalk eats that much???

flynlow

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I skimmed threads last night regarding batt life. Someone mentioned shutting down Gtalk. I did it after a full charge this morning. The difference in that alone is remarkable. I un-plugged from the charger at 0630 and at 1905 (7:05), some 12 1/2 hours later, I am still at 72% battery. This time of evening, I am usually running red at <20%.

I know the battery topics have been beat to death but really, if you are still having problems, go in and shut Gtalk down and see if it helps you. You will have to do it every time you reboot I believe. If you don't know how to do it, go to settings>applications>running services. Tap the "tap to stop" bar under gtalk.

It may start randomly, I don't know. All I know is that I shut it down and my battery is crazy better. I used heavy today too. This beats my Blackberries by a bunch as far as battery life.

Richard_Danger

May 16, 2010
www.twitter.com
But make sure you've signed out of Gtalk, and set it to NOT auto-start. The Gtalk service and the Gtalk app are not the same thing.

This is true. Just go into "Manage Applications" and look under the Gtalk app. It should not be running if you have signed out of it and set it to not auto-start. You'll know if it is running if you have the option to force close it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87