G4 AOTS finally reviewed the Evo.. it's not good folks..

NYChaos

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Why does everyone miss the fact that the extra 10 bucks a month lifts the 5 gig data cap?
Lets see. I pay Sprint 10 bucks for 50 gig a month, or I could pay at&t $25 25 times($625) for the same amount of data usage...which you could pull off tethering.

LOL

Are you serious? Are you? Are you really?

We are talking about the company that states in every commercial that their plans have UNLIMITED data.

Try calling sprint and asking them what they are charing you 10 dollars a month for. NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO ANSWER THAT.

I tried. I called them and only reply I would get was: "Even though our plain is unlimited this phone has a VERY fast processor and a VERY large screen. Therefore we assume you will be using your internet more than usual" lol

I think they dont really know what UNLIMITED means.

I had to ask Sprint if they are paying Comcast or Timewarner an extra 20 bucks a month because they have a 50" Plasma TV.

I would rather pay same money to Verizon (or 10 bucks more) than to a company that is flat out lying to their customers. I know Verizon is not perfect (no corporation is), but at least they can explain what you are paying for.

potheadhero

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I tried. I called them and only reply I would get was: "Even though our plain is unlimited this phone has a VERY fast processor and a VERY large screen. Therefore we assume you will be using your internet more than usual" lol

They actually said that? LOL! I better make sure I dont start getting charged for all the electronics in my house or I am going to be dead broke.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
They actually said that? LOL! I better make sure I dont start getting charged for all the electronics in my house or I am going to be dead broke.

Here's the thing with that. You laugh, but I use my phone @ home more than I do my laptop for casual internet access.

*HOWEVER*, I am on Wifi @ home probably 75% of the time. So, that make's Sprint's point there invalid. :) Meh...

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'd take Sprint over Verizon any day of the week. Been there, done that. Even with the 10 dollar fee it's cheaper on Sprint and Verizon isn't any more honest. They are both crooks.

Richard_Danger

May 16, 2010
www.twitter.com
So did anyone watch Attack of the Show last night? Apparently it was sponsored by Sprint. They changed the "G4" logo in upper-right hand corner of the screen to "4G." The hosts kept talking about 4G and sprint. They even had a segment on the show about "Apps for the EVO." It was like that horrible review never happened last week.

Moral of the story: Bash the **** out of sprint and the next week they will sponsor your show.

nmatt25

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I just searched there whole web site and did not find ANY review on the Evo. The only thing they have on the site is a review on the best apps for the Evo

TheOnlyMorgan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps Sprint called Comcast(a partner in Clearwire WiMax network) and voiced their concern of a show on one of their networks putting out a not so shiny review of their flagship 4G product.

kudosmog

May 19, 2010
Visit site
meh, they burned plenty of sponsors plenty of times in past shows so I doubt it.
It is strange though if the review isn't anywhere to be found online, so who knows.

barkomatic

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Even CNET recommended the EVO over the iPhone 4 and lists it as their top phone. (It won a prizefight) That's the first time I've ever seen any phone win over a *newly released* iPhone model. I consider that site to be more credible than the one you linked. Granted, they hadn't released the Droid X at that point.

The future is going to be data on these phones -- and Sprint still promises 4G unlimited data at a fair price. We'll see if AT&T goes back to unlimited when LTE launches but if they do I bet it will be $59.99 a month or higher.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
In an interesting turn of events... the review link from Gadget Pron... it's GONE :) The Motorola and Iphone are still there so I'm thinking it got pulled.

In other odd news.. today's episode they had a small infomercial/feature "Our Evo best App Picks" or something, where they now seem to claim to love the Evo for all it can do. Ohh and I do I see they've changed (or was it there all along?) their "G4" Logo to now say "4G powered by sprint".

Sprint is doing a promo all week on G4. That is why you see the G and the 4 reversed now. And most likely that is why the less then shiny review got pulled. It does call all their reviews into question though. They are fair-weathered on everything. When the PS3 came out, they couldn't bash it enough. Now they say good things about it. They bash Apple a lot, but also sing it's praises too. And now you have the EVO where one week it's kind of meh, and the next week they are just gushing while talking about "EVO apps". (As if those apps only run on EVO...very misnamed segment). So it seems like they will sell out their principles for a dollar when presented. It's rather disappointing.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Most reviews are pointless... I just read a review/comparison between the new iPhone 4 and EVO 4G and the reviewer even said that he has had all 4 versions of the iPhone and Sprint loaned him an EVO for a week to test out.

Real-world testing: iPhone 4 vs. HTC EVO 4G - Computerworld

If you add it up the EVO wins 6 - 4 with 3 ties (Some thing like that) but at the end he goes with the iPhone because he says it's hard to learn a new platform.... The other weird part is this review/comparison he actually gives the EVO the edge in Apps which I have never seen an Apple fan do..... and calls battery life a tie......

I found it funny because I came from the iPhone the past 2 years and I thought the switch from iPhone OS to Android was easy.... Nothing to it... Both basic U.I.'s are basically the same..... My first Android phone was the Nexus One.... Other than the customization and the fact you can do what you want with it the basic function of swiping from side to side and taping on and using an App is basically the same thing..

I actually give this guy some credit in that he basically admits the EVO is a great phone but he prefers the iPhone... No problem with that... My dad got an iPhone 4 moving up from his iPhone 3GS and I think it's a cool phone.... I just love Android and the EVO is such a cool device.....

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Who cares what G4 said? I don't make my choices based on what some random blogger says, I make them based on what works for me. Almost every review I've seen (of any device, not just the Evo) contains errors, and they all reflect the priorities and past experiences of the reviewer, none of whom are me.

People worry way too much about what other people think. Man up; make your own choices.

kudosmog

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Who cares what G4 said? I don't make my choices based on what some random blogger says, I make them based on what works for me. Almost every review I've seen (of any device, not just the Evo) contains errors, and they all reflect the priorities and past experiences of the reviewer, none of whom are me.

People worry way too much about what other people think. Man up; make your own choices.

lol. Reviews are important. Unbiased reviews are important.
A well done review helps inform buyers if an item might "work for me"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez