Media Volume keeps going down on its own.

bronx889

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
When listening to music or podcasts everything is fine. Then I get a call. Then end the call. Then I have to manually turn up the volume to hear the music again. I have had the Evo since launch day and this only started about a 10 days ago.

For some reason the media volume goes down after the call. I even did a hard reset. Re-installed everything from scratch. The problem was gone for a few days but re-surfaced. its bugging the help out of me.

Any help would be appreciated.

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem. I am trying to find some kind of widget or program that can return the media volume once I'm done with phone call.

Here's the scenario of what happens:
Listen to music with EVO, then a call comes in. Music stop/pause automatically in the background. Once I'm done with the phone call, then return to the music, but the MEDIA volume is all the way down.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Audiomanager from the market is good... but I don't think it's what you guys want.
If you mean you have to go into settings and turn the volume up that way, then audiomanager would be good because it's a widget and you can turn up/down media volume on its own.

I see why a call would turn down the media volume, but after it ends there's nothing that it does to turn it back up.
Hmm.

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just installed Volume Locker, it seem to fixed the problem since it locks the media volume and doesn't lower it. I think my problem is fixed for now :)

TL Sdras

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
This is one of those offensive, irritating, big brother type interferences that come from allowing lawyers and think tanks into any process. They are turning it down automatically to a level they deem safe for our hearing (assuming that we are listening on headphones, which I am not - I listen on speakers). I keep getting a pop up message that says so. I would love to be able to disable the feature that allows an outside power other than me to fiddle with the volume, or any other control.

Timber Wolf

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
This is one of those offensive, irritating, big brother type interferences that come from allowing lawyers and think tanks into any process. They are turning it down automatically to a level they deem safe for our hearing (assuming that we are listening on headphones, which I am not - I listen on speakers). I keep getting a pop up message that says so. I would love to be able to disable the feature that allows an outside power other than me to fiddle with the volume, or any other control.

No that only brings it down to half. My problem takes it down to zero.

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site

Well said sir.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Interesting thought. There have been lawsuits against tech companies for hearing damage due to excessive volume, so it's likely that this was not a de novo paternalistic decision made by the manufacturer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non