texts wont delete?

mjbuf

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
i use the handscent app for texting and i have been trying to delete text threads but they will not delete in stead my phone freezes for long periods and usually ends in force quitting. at first i thought it was a handscent issue so i went into the default messaging app and attempted deleting some threads however same thing happens phone freezes or if im batch deleting itll say it deleting but stay on forever ! any help would be appreciated because im pretty sure having all these txts is slowing down my handscent i have several thousand for many people.

Wizzums#AC

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, for some reason phones struggle to delete massive amounts of text messages. My old Mogul was pretty bad in that I had to actually do a Select All and then delete (before they added threaded SMS). Then I upgraded to a Palm Pre, which would also take forever deleting a thread of texts. Now with the EVO, I have the same problem as you. I send/receive a TON of text messages (12-15k a month) and deleting them is such a hassle. I've never found a good solution.

I don't know how the texts are stored on the phone or if that's the reason for the slow-down. You'd think since they're running on linux, it'd be a quick: rm -rf style command and be done with it. I'm probably over simplifying it a bit, but I still don't see why it takes 45 seconds to delete a thread with 2,000 messages in it, during which the texting app is completely locked up (sometimes the entire phone is locked up) and often results in a force close.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer