Call-in required to retrieve voicemail, how to disable it?

JohnnyBeGood

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Does anyone knows how to disable this sms notification in order to retrieve voicemail.
I use to get all voicemail inside voicemail app now I get sms to call 408-970-0000 to listen.

Any help is appriciated!

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Call your voicemail and set it up. Then after that it should auto set visual voicemail. When I used my voicemail for the 1st it called my voicemail, after I set it up, it let me check my voicemail without calling.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Using the "visual" voicemail without a headset was like listening to a whisper in a room with kids in it. I purchased the Blue Ant T1 today and now the visual voice mail works just fine. I may go ahead and cancel or at least deactivate Google voice mail.

JohnnyBeGood

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I was using stock VM.
When someone would leave me a voice mail I would get a number ie. 1 on small voice mail icon on the home screen I would tap and there I was able to see who left it, time and play it from the phone.
Since 3 days ago when someone leaves me voice mail I would get text message saying
"xxx-xxx-xxxx has sent you a voice SMS message Call 408-970-0000 to listen"
I would call and it would be busy signal.

I called sprint and they didn't have any clue.

After searching the internet I came across this thread (thanks to RTan) and using
Option(2): it went back to normal.

"Re-activate your Visual Voicemail account. This will force the Voicemail client to send an activation message to the Server again. Once re-activated, all pending messages should be able to download again.

EVO-Voicemails not going to Visual Voicemail, no notification of voicemail. - Android Forums

Option(1):
- Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Voicemail/Clear data
- This will wipe out your old Inbox messages but your filesystem will come clean

Option(2):
Some suggested to use Visual Voicemail Compose screen and send it to the following address: activate@vvm.sprint.com

Good Luck.
"

Reactions: brivega

bigT1978

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
If you are using Handcent as your sms App go to Handcents settings and disable the option to use Handcent as your default sms App. This causes problems with the voicmail app for some reason

Delgreco13

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same problem a few days ago I remember updating the download app GOSMS PRO and since than all my Visual Voicemails have been sending me text messages and I was unable to get them to work the proper way.

Thanks to the forums and everyone that helps out here Option# 2 definately worked for me

Option(2):
Some suggested to use Visual Voicemail Compose screen and send it to the following address: activate@vvm.sprint.com

THANKS!!!