youtube over WIFI?

ballsout

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
How com the video quality over WiFi seem like your using 3g to stream video. On my iPhone WiFi video are awesome crisp and clear but on the evo they still look crappy some body help me thought the video will look just as good

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure you are connected to WIFI? I would suggest you do a speed test over WIFI and 3G to see what your data speeds are just to make sure you are getting a speed boost.

ballsout

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
How do I do that. I'm pretty sure I'm connected to WiFi I have the symbol on top plus I been using my iPhone with side by side and still looks crappy. I have on service on my iPhone but still get to use everything over WiFi

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
There's also an "HQ" button in the lower right corner of the video you can press to change the picture quality.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you're using HTC Flash player instead of the Youtube app.

Do you open from the browser?
You're in the youtube app if you see the HQ button on the bottom... generally it has a different interface.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
When your I'm WIFI it always goes right to HQ for me. I've compared video's on HQ to my friends iPhone 4 and it wasn't even close... Clear win for the Evo. Something is wrong with your settings.

ballsout

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
How can I make sure I'm getting the most out of my wifi. I'm on the youtube app that come with the phone. Yeah I does seen like something wrong. It has the hq on the bottom in red. And another thing the hardware on my phone is 002 does that make a difference

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
hardware shouldn't be an issue. Maybe your WIFI signal just isn't good. I usually get around 15mb/s at home. But even when I've gotten as low as 4mb/s at my friends house the quality is still really really good. Try a speedtest and see where your speeds are at

ballsout

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
How do you do a speed test. My iPhone has full signal but the evo doesn't for some reason. I notice I have to be right next to it just to get full signal. I'm kinda of a noob when it come to test the device. Ps thank for all yalls help this what make Android so great

Last edited:

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Also, download the same speedtest app from the iTunes store and compare the two devices. Make sure they're "pointing" to the same server.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87