Fold 4 & YouTube Layout change June 2023

Mirovingian

Jun 28, 2023
Visit site
Hey there all.

So since mid June '23, the YouTube app on my Fold 4 is now appearing with a regressed / downgraded layout, where in landscape mode, the home page no longer shows videos in a vertical orientation, and where it shows them in a horizontal orientation, with their titles, date of posting, views...etc. not appearing in full, unless you hold the phone in portrait mode.

This applies to both the outer and inner screens.

The other issue is the full screen mode, where the layover for posting comments, likes...etc. over the video in landscape mode, is no longer there.

It is as if the phone adopted the TV / PC version of the YouTube layout, for no apparent reason.

And no, no changes have been made within the Labs settings for app layouts from my side.

The app simply flipped perhaps over a random update, and basically YouTube has been downgraded to what it used to be earlier this year.

Anyone with any idea what happened? And how this can be solved?

Doubt I'm the only one who's experiencing this issue.

Mirovingian

Jun 28, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
If you go to settings>display>screen layout and zoom>screen mode set at standard try multiview
Thank you, but that's not it. That simply splits the screen, and makes YouTube even more like the PC layout, and doesn't solve the sudden problem I have.

Probably best I post a screenshot of what I mean.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you, but that's not it. That simply splits the screen, and makes YouTube even more like the PC layout, and doesn't solve the sudden problem I have.

Probably best I post a screenshot of what I mean.
I know what you mean but in standard mode when rotated to landscape it just gives full view and option to zoom more without comments section or anything more , thought the multiview would help in landscape but see thats not what your looking for .