severe sms program lag after 2.2??

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having this issue??

before 2.2 the sms program was decent, kinda sluggish but nothing too bad.

NOW with 2.2 the whole program pisses me off, its SLOW and BOGGY all the time, esp after sending a text, then if u get a text in the notification bar and click on it, it takes a long time to open, and its just SOOOOOOOOOO SLOOWW.

i thought going to handcent sms would make a difference, in deed it did, a LITTLE but this is also slow and boggy :( what the hell is going on?

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
if i dont find a solution to this, im taking it back.

to be honest, this is ****ing unacceptable.

with the iphone u text, it never says "please wait...." while sending the text, it just goes in the chat box, its responsive and fast, now i have to put up with this ****?

its a great phone, but ALL I DO is basically SMS, and im not going to keep dealing with this.

osakran

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey man I'm not experiencing this problem but since I got the leaked 2.2 rom it has been lagging a little. My sms will freeze up some times and swype will randomly stop working. But its your money dude if you cant find a solution bring it back and get whatever phone makes you happy. I wouldn't start dropping iphone bombs though its not taken lightly around these parts.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey man I'm not experiencing this problem but since I got the leaked 2.2 rom it has been lagging a little. My sms will freeze up some times and swype will randomly stop working. But its your money dude if you cant find a solution bring it back and get whatever phone makes you happy. I wouldn't start dropping iphone bombs though its not taken lightly around these parts.

lol is this a western movie?

im not saying the iphone to say its better, what im saying its a phone that ppl always compare the evo too, and the thing is when i had my 3G or even 2G i never had any SMS problems, i could see maybe youtube issues, or browsing, u know big things having issues, but simple things as SMS glitching and lagging? come on, sms is the last thing that should have problems...

im waiting to get some opinions or insight before i make my final decision.

Last edited:

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what your talking about because there nothing wrong with my SMS....its as speedy as ever. Maybe your phone don't like you because its knows deep in side you really want an Iphone!

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
lol i DO NOT want a iphone., are you 2.2??

when u send a SMS do you get please wait for about 10 seconds?

it only gets really bad when there is action going on, like getting texts from more then 1 person or trying to respond to one, then go to another stuff like that...
think a hard reset is in need?

Last edited:

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
heres a link to the issue with text messaging...

HTC EVO 4G Froyo Issues Spotted, Update Not Flawless According to Customers [HTC EVO 4G Android 2.2 Update Not Really a Great Overall Experience?] ? TFTS – Technology, Gadgets & Curiosities

also comments talk about this same issue im having.

"erica | August 6th, 2010 at 5:59 am
My text messages are so slow now! It takes forever to switch from conversations….Uhm help?"

"have the evo snd after update to froyo 2.2 internet is super fast. But it seems to have so problems as the hours pass. Like the new texting layout, is slow as hell switching between people if your having conversation with more then one. My general signal strength doesn’t seem to be the same. And battery life if it couldn’t have gotten any worst it did. Drains so quick I barely unplug it from the wall. Lol. Hope there a new froyo update coming"

i would ask a mod to add this to the list of problems with 2.2...

Last edited:

dark_dj27

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Not sure why you are having problems my sms is working fine I did do a factory reset after update though so maybe that's why. I do notice the battery drain though.....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Not sure why you are having problems my sms is working fine I did do a factory reset after update though so maybe that's why. I do notice the battery drain though.....

does a factory reset, reset all my settings and delete everything?

dark_dj27

May 29, 2010
Visit site
does a factory reset, reset all my settings and delete everything?

Ya I do it after every update. Sucks setting the phone back up but so far I haven't had problems others have had. But if you have appbrain to keep track of your apps its not so bad.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Ya I do it after every update. Sucks setting the phone back up but so far I haven't had problems others have had. But if you have appbrain to keep track of your apps its not so bad.

is there a way i can back up my texts and stuff?

dark_dj27

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Mybackup pro in the market can but its 4.99. It will backup apps, contacts, sms/mms and a few other things.

Edit: there is a 30 day trial that will work on one phone just search for "mybackup"

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Mybackup pro in the market can but its 4.99. It will backup apps, contacts, sms/mms and a few other things.

Edit: there is a 30 day trial that will work on one phone just search for "mybackup"

thanks lol, im coming from a blackberry where its so seamless to backup and restore that backup to another phone...

dark_dj27

May 29, 2010
Visit site
thanks lol, im coming from a blackberry where its so seamless to backup and restore that backup to another phone...

No problem I actually came from a BB also so I know how it is . If it wasn't for these forums I would have been lost lol.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the same issue on mine after the update. Slow to back out of the program as well.

Jason

Well im going to do a factory reset, i just bought my backup pro and im backing up now, i will do a hard reset and then restore everything and see if the problem is resolved..

will keep everyone posted, if it does work we can have that added to the stickied post that probably doing a hard reset after the update will resolve 99% of the problems.

EDIT

its all already done and was really quick and easy, restoring as we speak...

i know for sure with my blackberrys ive used that upgrading to a new OS never goes right without a wipe first, then reinstall new OS, then restore.

Last edited:

ayman86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem as the op. Though I already did a hard reset. It really sucks. Very slow and laggy. Not sure what's up though.

Last edited:

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok, sorry all i fell asleep in the middle of it, i restored stuff, but its still not as i had it originally, no big deal...

anyways as for the texting, its BETTER (like way better lol ), but still kinda laggy at times, we will see how it gets, i have over 6k text messages in there lol...