How I inadvertently solved the waketime/sleeptime problem on my Evo...

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is posted incorrectly, but thought I'd toss this out there in case it helps anyone else with battery problems.

I was having the waketime/sleeptime problem that many, many folks have reported and my battery life was obviously crap...and took forever to charge as has also been noted. I had already turned off all the auto-update stuff that I did when I first got the phone. Then I read the many posts abut Facebook app being the problem, but when I tried that it turned out that I was still running the old version 1.2, so apparently that wasnt causing it on my Evo.

Not really wanting to do a factory reset, I thought I'd check for other app updates in case one of the other apps had 2.2 bug fixes. Ran a sync thru the AppBrain app, and it found three updates that I hadnt been notified of:

Layar
LED Light
Shazam

Once those updates were completed, my EVO immediately starting going to sleep as it used to. I watched it for a few hours after the update and it continued to show realistic numbers for wake vs. sleep. My battery was almost depleted at this point, so I powered it off, and did the battery pull for good measure before powering back on and plugging in to charge during the night. This was all late Thursday night. All day Friday my battery performed VERY well...much better than even during 2.1. I had it on charge most of the day while listening to Pandora at my desk. I unplugged it to go home and now checking it this morning, it's now been off charge for 14h 39m, show wake time of 33:44 vs. sleep time of 15:28, and shows 80% battery remaining! :D

This whole scenario makes me wonder if one of those three apps had a similar bug to Facebook. If you have those...you might want to take a closer look. Either way...good luck! :)

sj808

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is posted incorrectly, but thought I'd toss this out there in case it helps anyone else with battery problems.

I was having the waketime/sleeptime problem that many, many folks have reported and my battery life was obviously crap...and took forever to charge as has also been noted. I had already turned off all the auto-update stuff that I did when I first got the phone. Then I read the many posts abut Facebook app being the problem, but when I tried that it turned out that I was still running the old version 1.2, so apparently that wasnt causing it on my Evo.

Not really wanting to do a factory reset, I thought I'd check for other app updates in case one of the other apps had 2.2 bug fixes. Ran a sync thru the AppBrain app, and it found three updates that I hadnt been notified of:

Layar
LED Light
Shazam

Once those updates were completed, my EVO immediately starting going to sleep as it used to. I watched it for a few hours after the update and it continued to show realistic numbers for wake vs. sleep. My battery was almost depleted at this point, so I powered it off, and did the battery pull for good measure before powering back on and plugging in to charge during the night. This was all late Thursday night. All day Friday my battery performed VERY well...much better than even during 2.1. I had it on charge most of the day while listening to Pandora at my desk. I unplugged it to go home and now checking it this morning, it's now been off charge for 14h 39m, show wake time of 33:44 vs. sleep time of 15:28, and shows 80% battery remaining! :D

This whole scenario makes me wonder if one of those three apps had a similar bug to Facebook. If you have those...you might want to take a closer look. Either way...good luck! :)

Its LED Light. I believe its been stated on here before that LED Light has some kind of awake problem since Froyo (the dev even did the update and it doesn't work). I have Layar and Shazaam on my phone right now, and it gives me no drain.

Also, I know Battery Life causes some insane battery drains as well. As much as I need to see a battery meter widget, I'll do without it for now.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
The main cause was Facebook version 1.3.0. Now maybe some other apps had the same issue, but that app was one of the main causes to poor battery life because it would never let the phone sleep. Also you guys need to delete LED light, it's been said in numerous topics to do so.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Why use LED light on Froyo? Froyo has it's own flashlight app built in.

Also you guys need to delete LED light, it's been said in numerous topics to do so.

After this latest update, LED Light seems to work fine on mine. I know there is a built-in app now, but personally, I like having the LED Light widget better than the Froyo app. Thats the main reason I kept it.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
After this latest update, LED Light seems to work fine on mine. I know there is a built-in app now, but personally, I like having the LED Light widget better than the Froyo app. Thats the main reason I kept it.

It's in one of the stickied threads not to use it. But if you like it, then go right ahead.