Best way to back-up evo

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Uncheck Enable always on mobile network. Turn on IM programs.

After upgrading to froyo, my battery life was 7 hours the first day because I forgot to change those settings (again, since I had those disabled on 2.1).

After I changed it, I was back to 30-40 hours. For example, today is an extremely heavy use day (for me). I used my phone about 5 hours today for talk while on WiFi and still receiving emails and playing games, and sending lots of personal email between meetings. I'm at 40% battery life. Normal usage is a day and half. Light usage is 2 days.

I don't need IM. Why? Text me if you need a hold of me on the phone. For emergencies, I do log into gtalk or msn if I need to find someone and I'm without my computer, but otherwise it doesn't auto-login.

but then doesnt this stop your email and stuff from not coming in when the phone is not being used?

what apps do you have to manual update with?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue, 1-2 bars at my new Apt...sometimes none. I got my Airwave in the mail today but guess what....its not getting a signal either. Just attached the external GPS antenna hopefully that does the trick. My battery life was very good today too.

The Airave (not Airwave) doesnt get its signal form a local tower. You have to plug it into your home network, then its acts as a mini cell that can handle 3 Sprint phones.

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
but then doesnt this stop your email and stuff from not coming in when the phone is not being used?

what apps do you have to manual update with?
Turning the "automatically sign on" option off has nothing to do with push email. It just makes you sign on manually with Talk. However, there is a bug in Froyo that whether the option is checked or not you still sign on automatically. Not a big deal. Just remember to sign out.

dusty78

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
The Airave (not Airwave) doesnt get its signal form a local tower. You have to plug it into your home network, then its acts as a mini cell that can handle 3 Sprint phones.

Its connected to my broadband modem but no joy on it working...it fails to find a GPS signal and the mobile light never lights up. tech support is going to give me a follow up call tomorrow morning...hopefully they can figure something out.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member