Froyo OTA update: Touch Input Keyboard not as responsive

maduhbee#AC

May 31, 2010
Visit site
after the Froyo update, I've noticed I've gained a multi-touch keyboard, but loss the responsiveness of the Eclaire keyboard. Anybody else notice this? Or is everybody on Swype? I'm on Swype as well, but not being able to lower the keyboard when I want to, and when I "accidentally" start a different letter gives me the wrong words. It feels that I'm faster with the Touch Input keyboard, as I can blind type and it'll work most of the time. Plus I really want the "*" key to be on the main key set!

Anyways, anybody notice the slow lag in the touch input keyboard? mind you, I type pretty fast with the touch input keyboard

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
My keyboard is definitely laggier, albeit slightly, after the Froyo update. There was one time when keyboard was almost 2 words behind when typing but that got cleared up after a reboot.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
You guys need to read the Thread that's sticked. Everyone doesn't seem to be taking advice. When your updating to a new version of the OS, it's always best to do a factory reset and start fresh. Trust me, I have zero lag on the keyboard, with the stock or swype.