EVO Stopped Charging

jrpope11

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
My EVO stopped taking a charge today. Took it to a sprint store and they said my usb port is broken and is not making a good connection. At least 2 weeks to get a new one!

Any one else have or having issues with the port coming loose and not being able to charge?

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I had that same problem. My new Evo car charger would be intermittent. I tried my Pre car charger, works just fine. No problems. Wow and I could of saved $28.

akodoreign

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Had same issue, Turned out to be the HTC micro usb cable. Grabbed a spare one I had works fine.

Try changing cables to charge your phone.

rdandy5875

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the monoprice micro usb cables are a much tighter connection than the supplied htc cable. thought this might become a problem after time. Definitely try changing cables.

JohnnyKat

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
this happended to a friend of mine too.
Phone stopped charging and he took it to Sprint for repair. My buddy said the tech opened the phone and the metal connetions was so loose it fell out!!
He had to get a replacement...two weeks later!

roothog

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting intermittent charging. The orange LED stays lit and the "time since unplugged" timer does not reset, so the phone knows that it's plugged in. However, the battery switches back and forth between charging and discharging (at a slow rate, it switches maybe every 30 or 60 minutes). Takes over 12 hours to actually fully charge the phone because of all the intermittent discharging while on the charger.

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Monoprice has 2 kinds of cables, the slightly more expensive ones with the gold looking connectors and the ferrite ring bugle, and the slightly cheaper ones. I ordered a bunch of both types and different lengths. The more expensive ones have a much better fit. The cheaper ones have a lot of wiggle after being plugged in. Just FYI. One of the cheaper ones went into the trash because it didn't work after 10 uses.

jrpope11

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting intermittent charging. The orange LED stays lit and the "time since unplugged" timer does not reset, so the phone knows that it's plugged in. However, the battery switches back and forth between charging and discharging (at a slow rate, it switches maybe every 30 or 60 minutes). Takes over 12 hours to actually fully charge the phone because of all the intermittent discharging while on the charger.

I would suspect your port is coming loose, mine did this for about a week before it stop charging completly.