In Evo 2.0, I Want To Have...

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
....2 3G antenna as well as the 4G antenna. That way, you can still talk and surf at the same time instead of only when you hit a 4G connection.

What do you want to see?

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Infinite Unobtainium power supply; holoprojector; 21 megapixel camera with X-ray vision, 10X optical zoom and dedicated shutter release button; bulletproof glass screen that's the same brightness in direct sunlight as in a darkened room; world phone capable; weighs less than 5 oz. and costs $99 unlocked w/o contract.

spike9012

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Infinite Unobtainium power supply; holoprojector; 21 megapixel camera with X-ray vision, 10X optical zoom and dedicated shutter release button; bulletproof glass screen that's the same brightness in direct sunlight as in a darkened room; world phone capable; weighs less than 5 oz. and costs $99 unlocked w/o contract.

Where can I preorder?? :p

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

That is hilarious.....

By the way what would having two 3G antenna's do? I thought it was the CDMA/EVDO Rev A, network that didn't allow talk and web surfing at the same time??? About the only way you would be able to talk and surf would be to have a 4G connection or have two 3G radio's for that to work...... Which would basically be two different ESN's and I doubt they could squeeze all that into the phone and keep it A. Cheap, B. light weight and C. a battery to power it all...

GSM network (AT&T and T-Mobile) are the only networks that will allow surfing and talking at the same time....

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I can't imagine surfing and talking at the same time... seems kind of rude.
And if you're on hold, then you're most likely not on the go and near a wifi connection so you can get on the internet... but whatever.

Anyway, while I would love to see an Evo 2.0... probably WON'T happen.
HTC manufacturers make some dumb decisions imo.

To make a product sell, it needs a name. The iphone is still called the iphone 3 years later. However, HTC went from HTC Magic, HTC Droid ERis, HTC Hero, HTC Droid Incredible, etc...

I'd rather see a continuation.

Like a Nexus Two by Google would be a VERY smart idea. People already know the name... and it just adds to the popularity.
That's why the Droids do well, but Motorola made it a bit more confusing.

Oh well, the general consumer will want a "brand-name" device anyday.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I can't imagine surfing and talking at the same time... seems kind of rude.
And if you're on hold, then you're most likely not on the go and near a wifi connection so you can get on the internet... but whatever.

Anyway, while I would love to see an Evo 2.0... probably WON'T happen.
HTC manufacturers make some dumb decisions imo.

To make a product sell, it needs a name. The iphone is still called the iphone 3 years later. However, HTC went from HTC Magic, HTC Droid ERis, HTC Hero, HTC Droid Incredible, etc...

I'd rather see a continuation.

Like a Nexus Two by Google would be a VERY smart idea. People already know the name... and it just adds to the popularity.
That's why the Droids do well, but Motorola made it a bit more confusing.

Oh well, the general consumer will want a "brand-name" device anyday.

Apple does have it right keeping the iPhone name... It's also why Ford went back to the Taurus name after retiring it for a few years.. People buy on name a lot more often than you realize (thus the funny iPhone video that was posted a while ago)

The different HTC phones you mention are on different networks and are all different phones in one way or another. What I would like to see HTC do is (as you mentioned) come up with a single platform design with the exact same specs across the board and put it on different networks. Call it what ever you want... EVO, Nexus..... Some thing and just keep improving it and tweaking it as you go along...

The problem is MOST of the time the name of the phone is from the carrier... Verizon is actually paying Lucas Films to use the Droid name and it's smart of them to basically use the "DROID" name in each of their Android phones... EVO 4G was Sprints call not HTC.... The phone showed up in inventory and leaks as the Supersonic A9292 according to HTC.....

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I would like to bring Micheal Jackson and Elvis Presley back...lol!

Better battery life even though mine is excellent after froyo and the task killer removal.

Make the screen 4.5" without making the phone any bigger, frame rate increase, 24 bit color, gpu, up the processor, gingerbread and lose a few ounces.

Make the notification light work when charging or similar to the pre where the message is shown even if the phone screen is off also make it when the phone is plugged in the light stays on until you turn the screen off. The timer should only be used while on the battery.

The phone should use the external power not the battery while plugged in maintaining the battery at 100%.

Last edited:

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Only one thing:

HTC NEEDS to get the hell away from Qualcomm processors. That is the single largest issue with HTC phones:

1. Less battery life because processor sucks
2. Less graphics benchmark performance because processor sucks
3. Less fps performance with HDMI output because processor cannot handle the increased demand from the phone and the hdmi out.
4. Runs hotter
5. Slower benchmark performances in general when compared to EVERY SINGLE OTHER 1GHZ PROCESSOR IN THE WORLD. (edit: ok I MAY be exaggerating here)

There. That's the only thing I really need to see in a second version of the Evo.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Dual processors, much better camera/video capabilities (what we have is borderline meh), better microphone, line out, higher resolution display (not larger), expandable to 64GB, a real GPU, better battery life, and a google video chat option for both FF and RF cameras.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Does Qualcomm owe you money or did they bang your significant other?

Nope. They just can't seem to make a competent processor. I like the Evo and its software, but when I run intensive applications... it's over. Every other 1Ghz phone kills my performance.

If that is all you can tell me about my Qualcomm comment, then I suppose we are in accordance with each other.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not glad I have a Qualcomm processor either.

However, their dual core processors look promising. Also, their auto-scaling option saves on quite the battery.
And a new kernel is out including something called "HAVS" which apparently makes battery life ridiculously long.

But anyway, snapdragons can crunch numbers fast, but just need the graphical power to match.
Nobody cares for anything faster CPU wise anyway... now it's all about battery consumption + getting on par with GPU of droid/galaxy s/iphone.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah they do look promising, but so did snapdragon and everyone other processor that they have released. In the end, the competition always has a stronger processor. In fact, I am completely sure that TI's dual core processors will significantly outperform the qualcomm processors. SIGNIFICANTLY. Qualcomm makes a cheap processor. Nothing more.

Luce

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I cant really think of anything MAJOR that needs to be changed.

Just give me MORE.

Same screen size and layout.
Faster processor (as long as battery life doesnt suffer too much)
Dedicated GPU
More ram/storage space
Sync wirelessly to PC out of the box?

I am finding it really hard to improve on the phone.

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
-HTC needs to get rid of Qualcomm... anyone remember the Winmo days and HTC/Qualcomm's ability to screw us over with hardware acceleration/3D performance? HTC needs to get on the OMAP 4 game or Tegra for their devices.

-Tell HTC that we live in a 24bit screen world

-30fps cap.... tsk tsk tsk

Thats about it IMO, i love basically everything else about their devices

vteclipsegs

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
same phone with a GPU that isn't 25% as powerful as my girlfriends palm pixi (non plus). Seriously, the pixi can now play NFS, and other 3d games 100% better than my EVO.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm just looking forward to the next version of the EVO, it is sure to be really nice. But I like the way my EVO is now. I do think that there is one more update needed to make the phone a tad faster with the Froyo OS.