Want to get a new phone ... but what I want is "way-off" "normal"?

Dat_IT_Guy

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
So ... I want to get a new Phone that fits ME! And fitting me does not seem to be very "popular" -.-
Let's just give an outline of what I want/need ... not sure if there even IS a phone to fit me ;)

Use-case: Mostly office'ish stuff ... 60 FPS video playback is a must as well ... all in all pretty "low end" I think.

Size: 5.x'ish screen ... narrow, thin, sleek ... I think you get the gist, right?

(Screen)-Size: I still think smaller might be better ... so let's go with 5.x inches for now!
Resolution: 1080p (or about m2 Megapixels) is good enough for my 27" screen, should be overkill for something this small ... and Display is one of the biggest Power-Drains, right? ;;)

Computing Power: As I said ... office-y stuff and some videos ... so pretty LOW compared to modern flagships I guess...

Is there a phone which fits the bill?

Thanks!

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
What part of the world are you in?

Do you already have a carrier you plan to use this phone on?

Depending on where you live, that can determine which devices are available to you. For example, in the US, there are several Chinese phones that are banned. But in other parts of the world, they would certainly be an option for some of the things you are looking for.

Dat_IT_Guy

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
What part of the world are you in?

Do you already have a carrier you plan to use this phone on?

Depending on where you live, that can determine which devices are available to you. For example, in the US, there are several Chinese phones that are banned. But in other parts of the world, they would certainly be an option for some of the things you are looking for.
I live in the EU atm. And yes, I have a carrier already (Vodafone, is that matters).
As far as I know there are no bans on Chinese phones around here, yet.
Thanks!

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I live in the EU atm. And yes, I have a carrier already (Vodafone, is that matters).
As far as I know there are no bans on Chinese phones around here, yet.
Thanks!
You're correct. You would have pretty much anything to choose from.