Accelerometer problems...

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My wife has an EVO that she loves with the exception of one problem that just started a day or two ago.

When doing mail the phone constantly switches back and forth between portrait and landscape orientations. It takes a very minute movement tipping the phone backward and it switchs to landscape. The really strange thing is that it seems that only the mail app is affected. Other apps that do landscape do not seem to be (or she just doesn't use them as much) affected.

I've seen mention of recalibrating the accelerometer, but have no idea how that is done. How can this be done with the EVO?

(Any other thoughts on this type of issue appreciated as well!)

tiggrev

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Go to 'Settings', tap 'Display', scroll to and tap 'G-Sensor calibration' (bottom of the page). Lay the EVO flat on a table, tap CALIBRATE and you should be golden.

Reactions: RUSH

FFx2

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Customer Support Fails to Help

I was having a problem with the phone not switching from portrait to landscape at all. It also was not going silent when I flipped it over while it was ringing. I contacted customer support and they told me first, to reboot, and then to do a factory reset. :eek: Well I thought surely I would not have to do a factory reset to solve this - that is was either some problem with this phone or something I had not thought about. Well since it was at least 2 motion problems, I figured it might be the calibration after reading these posts and it turns out that it was not calibrated correctly! So problem solved. Thanks tiggrev! O:)
Lesson for the day, don't just automatically do what customer support suggests. At least search the internet forums, etc. thoroughly first. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel