Is it because of 4G?

Exe44

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
My EVO battery (with GPS on and 4G scanning on) was very good till Friday. In the evening hours I still had approx. 30% juice in the battery.

Something must have happened on Friday (software upgrade?) and my battery gets depleted before 5 p.m.

I did not change any settings in the phone. I did not change the way I use the phone, either.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that I watched a short video in good quality on Friday. It was the first video I watched on my EVO. It was a movie trailer in good quality and remember clicking on something before the video started to play.

I also noticed that my EVO picks up 4G more frequently than before Friday. Did Sprint turn on more towers in NYC?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Come on. I wanted to experience the speed.

Why did we buy EVO if 4G should be off?

Thanks.

Nobody said to not use it, we're saying to turn it off until you actually do use it. 4G is a battery killer. Especially if it's left on whether it's left scanning or actually being used. Put a nice widget on your main hompage and just flip it on right before you need to use it, unless you have constant access to a charger.

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have had the same thing happen to my Evo. In the last three or four days the phone has drained the battery by early afternoon. I am at home and using a desktop and not the Evo so it is not being used that much. I keep 4G and GPS turned off. I do leave WiFi on since I am on the edge of a 3G area and usually do not get a strong signal.

Yesterday I noticed that I was having trouble connecting to my router and through that might be the problem. Now even with that fixed (router rebooted after power surge) the battery still is either being drained by something or else going bad.

I stopped at the Sprint store today and their solution was to order me a new battery. I am not convenience that will fix the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty